The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone get rid of their CD's?
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertshaw View Post
I'm keeping mine since mp3's just don't sound as good and are just are not as cool. No artwork, no credits?? it's not tangible. I love CD's and LP's I still use cassettes and 8tracks. It's all better than mp3.
While I don't necessarily disagree about quality I'm not sure how you measure better. I took a trip to England and Holland about 5 years ago and I lugged a bunch of CDs, half of which I didn't listen to, it was a huge pain in the ass and I didn't have half of what I wanted while there. Then I went to Thailand a few years later and brought my entire music library with me in mp3 format on an iPod. In that case mp3 was much better! I never listen to CDs anymore, just LPs and mp3s (high quality mind you and I am ripping everything to .wav file in anticipation of 1TB iPods )
Quote:
MP3 is cool for 14 year old teenie boppers.
and me!
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
Honestly, this whole deal makes me sad, the physical album format vanishing. I mean, how many would honestly read War and Peace (if ever ...) as an E-book. Yikes. Its the same thing. We just instinctively know that digital formats are vaporous? ?
I read all of Atlas Shrugged as an ebook... I love reading books on a Palm PDA or iPod Touch...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search