The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone else use the LSD custom drum service?
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Addict

Anyone else use the LSD custom drum service?

Hi

I had a track done by Frank Basile from www.livestudiodrums.com - the custom drum track service.

Anyone else had this done, and how is Frank Basile rated as a drummer (Smartloops drummer)?

Cheers!

Shaun
www.gilbert.net.au
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebritymusic
Hi

I had a track done by Frank Basile from www.livestudiodrums.com - the custom drum track service.

Anyone else had this done, and how is Frank Basile rated as a drummer (Smartloops drummer)?

Cheers!

Shaun
www.gilbert.net.au
I haven't used him. But you should be able to rate him yourself if you have the tracks he did for you.?
Old 24th July 2005
Maybe he's tring to 'calibrate' his own subjective rating against the consensus. It's a reasonable reality check, I think.

Particularly for musicians or producers who may not themselves have an overdeveloped sense of rhythmic precision.

I've heard some tracks that were passed by the production team with smiles all round that just about gave me heart arhythmia from listening.

(No one should ever give me tracks to listen to after they're in the can. It kills me to have to dance around the awful truth when it's too late to do any good. Uh, dude, your new album that you just pored twenty thousand dollars of your own money and six months of studio living into, and just sent off to the replication plant this morning, is filled with obvious engineer's first big project mistakes, the fade on track 3 ends abruptly, there's a noticeable overage in track 7 about one minute in, there's a nasty bulge on every track about 270 Hz and another one at 6 k, and the drums were apparently mixed out of phase because when I hit the mono switch they completely disappeared. But other than that, geez, it's the best thing I've heard from you yet, keep up the good work.)

But, yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

Old 24th July 2005
Gear Guru

i've only heard one song done with his tracks and i found the playing predictable and vibeless.

but i am a hopeless groove snob, so take it for what it's worth.

gregoire
del ubik
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

i haven't done any LSD since the eighties when i was very young...
i have some friends who have found vintage LSD kept in a freezer for thirty
years - they say its amazing........

anyway, the drummer, he's on LSD ? he did some great tracks for you while
on LSD ? wow ! far out !!

i like that

be well

- jack
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

acid
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

OK

I got another track done last night, but this time at www.drumsforyou.com

The track was ready for me to listen to only TWO HOURS after I had submitted my order.

There were a couple of things I wanted to change, but I felt this drummer had found the groove much more quickly than the other service. Good sounds, great feel.

Also, they have a no risk service, unlike the other services which make you pay up front. Basically, you don't pay for the track if you don't like and want what they have played (I think).

They also have bass, guitars and keys if you need them too.

I think I'll stick with them.

Shaun
www.gilbert.net.au

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search