The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Toft ATB Inquiry - Headroom - Mods
Old 11th March 2019
Here for the gear

IC rolled my ATB 24

Hi all,

I just finished IC rolling my ATB 24 and was quite pleased with the results. I was able to do this without adding bypas capacitors, in-rush resistors, or any other additional filtering. I have not hooked up a scope/signal gen to the console yet but I do not hear any oscillation and headroom was greatly improved.

Here are the ICs I swapped:

Channels:

-Removed IC10
-Replaced IC6 with TLE2072

Bus:

-Replaced IC12 and IC5 with LME49720 opamp
-Replaced IC4 with TLE2072

I will update this thread if I notice any problems in the coming days.

Last edited by madbeavis; 11th March 2019 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: fixed typos
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Push button mods?

Hello, forgive me for chiming in with something slightly off topic, but still within the ATB Mod realm. I have a Toft ATB 32 that I've had for a few years and some of these mods might be something I attempt with my more electronically inclined friend, Steve down the road.... I'm curious though....

How feasible would it be to replace some of the push buttons on the board with ones that light up when engaged? Would that affect the rest of the circuit if I could find direct replacement sizes that light up?

This is one of the features that I miss the most from this board as it can be easy to miss an engaged phantom power (hidden under the meter bridge as it is), or accidentally have the channels bussed to two different destinations accidentally.

Anyway, I figured some of you guys might have an idea about this?

Thanks, this has been a fun read.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbeavis View Post
Hi all,

I just finished IC rolling my ATB 24 and was quite pleased with the results. I was able to do this without adding bypas capacitors, in-rush resistors, or any other additional filtering. I have not hooked up a scope/signal gen to the console yet but I do not hear any oscillation and headroom was greatly improved.

Here are the ICs I swapped:

Channels:

-Removed IC10
-Replaced IC6 with TLE2072

Bus:

-Replaced IC12 and IC5 with LME49720 opamp
-Replaced IC4 with TLE2072

I will update this thread if I notice any problems in the coming days.
Hello, and thank you for sharing this info.

Do the changes that you applied keep working fine? I'm looking forward to mod the master section of my ATB, as I already removed all IC10s from its channels.

I had a problem when I started my board after removing the IC10s. The +17v led of the power supply doesn't light and the level leds in the channels are on. I think that this issue is due to an error of mine while connecting the wrong ribbon cable of the meter bridge. I checked this thread and there is somebody who suffered a very similar issue.

Best regards to all of you, guys. This is my first post in the forum but I have been checking around here for so long… I thank all of you for the information given.

P.S. If any of you has the schematics
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galetalk View Post
I had a problem when I started my board after removing the IC10s. The +17v led of the power supply doesn't light and the level leds in the channels are on. I think that this issue is due to an error of mine while connecting the wrong ribbon cable of the meter bridge. I checked this thread and there is somebody who suffered a very similar issue.
Hello,

I Just fixed the issue by replacing a 6.3 A fuse in the power supply which was blown. All leds are working fine and the console is less noisy due to the removal of IC10s. I'm planning to replace some of the ICs in the master section for better opamps in order to improve the board's behavior.

Best regards!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I’ll regret this...

I’ve been lurkin’ in the shadows here for maaany years, finally gave in...

The ATB16 has been my faithful companion for many years, but I’ve been eyeing these mods since way back.
And now I’m considering some modding, since I’m oordning it up for replacement of VU-bulb and customization of the wooden frame anyhow.

The idea about switches lighting up got me thinking, but that would be kind of space ship badass! ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catape View Post
The ATB16 has been my faithful companion for many years, but I’ve been eyeing these mods since way back.

And now I’m considering some modding, since I’m oordning it up for replacement of VU-bulb and customization of the wooden frame anyhow.
Please post your pictures when you pimp it!

Regards.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search