The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
So I dusted off the ol' Moog EQ...
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Addict

So I dusted off the ol' Moog EQ...

I have been hauling this thing with me, living in three continents for the past...I dunno, 15 years or so, and I just couldn't get rid of it. I got it real cheap, like $50, trading stuff with some old guys. Being an arranger/composer then pop singer (lousy one) then theater actor, I have rarely used this. Maybe like three times, all on elec guitar. I was just into home recording then, but I knew what sounded good. Probably why I never sold it.

Anyway, as I'm an expecting father of triplets (UM900,Quartet,&Big Ben ) I decided to dust it off and integrate it again into the studio I'm fixing up. I was lookin' around the net to see how other people use it, so if any of you can chime in...anyone use it for lead vocals?

Oh, and I was pretty shocked to see this was going for $4-500! I never really knew what the orig price was, but if it's as sweet sounding as I remember it to be (must've been 5yrs since I last used it! ) I could see why it's that much. Any other users?
Old 23rd July 2005
There is only one

the 3 band parametric? or the graphic? i have a parametric and love it.... especially on bass... but its usually in the bass chain tot he amp when i use it there. also on kick its pretty nice as well.
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Addict

The parametric. I didn't even know there was a graphic. That must be good as well. Bass huh, hmm, will do. I can't find the schematic that was stored inside the unit though. Stupid moron that I am I thought I'll have a better chance not losing it if I keep it with my other important docs.
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Guru

My one experience with a Moog parametric was on bass. The unit is really cool and I'd love to have one. If I had $400 to spare I'd buy the one Thrill is selling.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search