The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Control for PT HD: Comments?
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Pro Control for PT HD: Comments?

I recently started running ProTools HD2 Accel with a 96i on a G4, a huge step up from my VS 2480. I'm loving it.

I'm looking for a control surface, and leaning toward a used Procontrol and fader pack, which seem to be reasonably affordable.

Is this the best way for me to go? I've got decent preamps. Will I need additiional D/A (only one pair on the 96i) to run separate monitor & headphone levels (forget about separate mixes for now) using the control section of the Pro Control?
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

hey, i am in haiku, i also run pt hd accel
do yourself a favor and look at the control24
monitoring, pretty good (i don't use), ok focusrite preamps (i don't use)

but as a control surface it rocks
you do not have to have more d/a
i have a digi 192 plus a benchmark dac
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

As catfish11 said, pick up a Control24 and a DAC1 and be done with it. The Control24 is a great control surface, you get 24 faders right out of the box, with the latest power supply rev. the monitor section is reasonable, and the 16 pre's are usable when you run out of the bling-bling pre's. Not to mention you can pick one up for about a third of what a Pro Control and two fader packs will run ya.
I like mine, anyway. See if you can get your hands on one somewhere to give it a test drive.
TommyD
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Starr
I recently started running ProTools HD2 Accel with a 96i on a G4, a huge step up from my VS 2480. I'm loving it.

I'm looking for a control surface, and leaning toward a used Procontrol and fader pack, which seem to be reasonably affordable.

Is this the best way for me to go? I've got decent preamps. Will I need additiional D/A (only one pair on the 96i) to run separate monitor & headphone levels (forget about separate mixes for now) using the control section of the Pro Control?
I've seen the D-command (baby D-control) at Chris Lambregts' place and I would start with the basic controller and add the 16pack fader when money permits...

Good luck,
Dirk

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search