The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lexicon 300 SERVICE MANUAL -110V to 230V-Who would look into it
Old 6th April 2009
Lives for gear

Lexicon 300 SERVICE MANUAL -110V to 230V-Who would look into it

I am using my Lex 300 with a 230V to 110V stepdown transformer. . . for too long

So I would like to change the mains voltage supply to 230V - that has to be done on the psu circuit board. Now, after I’ve opened the device, the 230Volt wiring is not 100% clear/ self-explanatory.

It would be great if someone with a 300 service-manual would let me know what the manual stated.

Big thanks in advance

yboT
Old 6th April 2009
Lives for gear

110V to 230/240V connections

Alright, I just made it without guidance & the device is working properly with 230/240V now

Maybe there is an individual out there to whom this information is useful - So, that's what I've made:

- Brown cable from position "PWR. SW. 120V ONLY" to position "PWR. SW 240V ONLY"

- White cable from position "WHT" to position "220/240V ONLY WHT"

- Black cable from position '100/120V ONLY BLK" to position "BLK"

!!!! For information only !!! This is taking place within a lethal mains voltage section and should be executed by an acknowledged technician only. I do not undertake responsibility for the accuracy of my wiring information
Old 15th March 2011
Here for the gear

bumping this just to add some information. According to the service manual you should also move one of the two 0.015uF capacitors marked C21-C23.

For 100V and 120V there should be capacitors installed in the two lower places. One between the orange and brown cables and one between the white and black cables.

For 220V and 240V the middle cap should be moved the the uppermost position, between the white and black cables.

All the best,

Anders
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvintus View Post
bumping this just to add some information. According to the service manual you should also move one of the two 0.015uF capacitors marked C21-C23.

For 100V and 120V there should be capacitors installed in the two lower places. One between the orange and brown cables and one between the white and black cables.

For 220V and 240V the middle cap should be moved the the uppermost position, between the white and black cables.

All the best,

Anders
Good info
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear