The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which to buy: Mackie Onyx 1620 or the Soundcraft Spirit RW563
Old 22nd July 2005
Here for the gear

Which to buy: Mackie Onyx 1620 or the Soundcraft Spirit RW563

I need to buy a mixer for video and small band recording. I have narrowed it down to the Mackie Onyx 1620 (w/o the optional card) and the Soundcraft Spirit RW5633 M12, and possibly the Mackie 1604 VLZ-Pro (But this is the lowest on my list). I need features like direct out b/c it will be going into my fa101 firewire interface (which is why I don't need Mackie's optional card). So at this point for around $700 bucks I need to get the best direct out mixer I can for the money. I am fairly new to the mixer market (I use the Yamaha MG10 currently) so I need to know which of these mixers offers the best blend of quality and features for the money. Feel free to suggest other direct out mixers (with at least 10 channels) in the price range (and some reasons why I should buy them)? I appreciate the help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search