The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?
Old 22nd July 2005
Here for the gear

Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?

What's up slutz,

Does anybody know anything about this piece of gear? Apparently the designer, Barth, used to work at Telefunken? Possibly more common in the EU? Throw me a bone - I got nothin'.

Thanks in adavance,

Yosh
Old 15th November 2006
Lives for gear

I just got one of these and am LOVING it. A seriously nice piece of kit. I have only just tried it out today, so no in depth use, but what I am hearing is excellent...
Another keeper
Attached Thumbnails
Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?-barth-dynaset.jpg  
Old 15th November 2006
Lives for gear

Have you opened it up and checked out the insides? Just curious as to what's under the hood.... FET/VCA, transformers, chips/discrete?
I've been interested in this one for a while too.
Old 15th November 2006
Lives for gear

wait 5 minutes!
Old 15th November 2006
Lives for gear

Here we go

DBX 202c gold can VCA.
Attached Thumbnails
Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?-library-0001.jpg  
Old 15th November 2006
Lives for gear

another pic
Attached Thumbnails
Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?-barth2.jpg  
Old 15th November 2006
Lives for gear

cool, thanks so much!
Old 15th November 2006
Here for the gear

ooh. hot VCAs.

mind if i asked how much you paid for it? i had a chance to buy one a little over a year ago (when this thread was first posted), but the seller wanted a pretty exorbitant amount.
Old 16th November 2006
Lives for gear

not too much!
Old 16th November 2006
Here for the gear

nice! the guy i was talking to wanted over 2 grand. and only one channel was working...
Old 16th November 2006
Gear Maniac

How does it sound David? I saw one in Holland months ago , you bought that one? I've read somewhere the guy, Barth, was an ex Telefunken/Neumann ...? employee? This compressor is supposed to be a stereo version of the Barth 311 compressor.
Old 16th November 2006
Lives for gear

Hi
Yes, it's the Dutch one.
I am reinstalling my studio, so I can't really comment in detail on the sound, but first impressions (on some drums and a synth) are VERY good. I really like what I am hearing. Very flexible and having 2 thresholds and ratios make it a very useful piece. I have some stuff like Tab U373a, LA Audio Classic comp, AD&R F700 and EMT 256II & 156 comps and it compliments these nicely and is certainly a serious piece of gear. Nicely put together too. I want to try this on the 2 buss...
I like
I think the price I paid was very silly. As I mentioned, I'd pay way more having used it now. The only other one I know of is a schmitronic and he wants €999.
It's 2 x U311. The manual and brochure show the 2 versions (rack like mine and vertical like the U311) and they are exactly the same..
I've attached some jpegs of the data sheet
Attached Thumbnails
Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?-u311_data.jpg   Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?-u311_data2.jpg   Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?-u311_data3.jpg   Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?-u311_data4.jpg  
Old 3rd May 2008
Lives for gear

I bougt 2 danner box U311 ..they rocks

BUT ..few different versions are out there

get right one with 202c dbx vca

also with dbx 202 black are OK

dont even close near with those with APHEX 500 VCA they sucks

so U 311 = 3 different versions
Old 5th March 2012
Gear Head

Hi all! I am interested in buying one of these Dynasets. I don't see very often offered but there is one right now on eBay: who can take a look at the pics and tell what VCAs are there?
I have 2 202Cs (taken from an MCI console): do you think I could have them mouted in that Dynaset offered on eBay?
Thank you!

Here is the link to the eBay auction:
Barth Dynaset Dynamics processor?http://www.ebay.de/itm/200722667927?...84.m1438.l2649

Last edited by edoslutz; 5th March 2012 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: I forgot the link

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search