The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Just moved to a new computer and new im getting clicks and pops with my fireface!
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Just moved to a new computer and new im getting clicks and pops with my fireface!

i dont understand why its happening, george at rme tried to help me but it didnt work out, so props to him but im seeing if anyone else can know whats wrong

i tried turning background services on inthe system panel etc but i cant figure it out?

these pops happen when just playing in winamp!
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco
i dont understand why its happening, george at rme tried to help me but it didnt work out, so props to him but im seeing if anyone else can know whats wrong

i tried turning background services on inthe system panel etc but i cant figure it out?

these pops happen when just playing in winamp!

More info ?

Was the FF working with your old machine ?

Anything changed ? FW cable ? Onboard FW rather than FW card ? What's different ?

Nathan
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

nothing changed...it worked perfectly before..i got a gateway 507gr - 3gz, 512 ram, 200 gb sata) reformatted the built-in **** and all.,...the firewire card is built into a intel mobo..which rme reccomends.(or doesnt list as incompatible)

i didnt change the cable or anything..u know how it shows the error in the control panel above the autosync reference box? for 3 minutes..i got 60!

thats one for each pop crackle skip etc..uncanny!
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

problem fixed

moved my old firewire card to my new one and used it.

thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search