The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How are you hooking up your sub?
Old 22nd July 2005
Gear Addict

How are you hooking up your sub?

I'm thinking about getting a sub and I have a Lavry d/a that feeds a passive volume control and monitor setup. What's the best way to incorporate a sub that is volume controlled with the monitors. The sub has speaker and line level inputs, I would feel better powering the sub with its own amp, since my monitor amp isn't exactly overpowering. It seems like it might draw too much power for the sub and starve the monitors if I use the speaker level in on the sub.

any ideas?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

OK . . . .some of you may laugh, some may cry and a few may storm the house with pitch forks and torches but my setup is . . .

Lavry Blue DA -> Mogami/Neutrik cables -> Coleman M3PH -> Hosa 6" passive "Y" cables!

Then one leg goes right into KRK V8's and the other goes into an ART Clean Box to convert the +4 to -10 to feed Tannoy PS115 sub's inputs.

I think it sounds better in the room than it does on paper but yeah . . . . .still some room for improvement . . . right after I improve my room . . . . . . .
Old 26th July 2005
Gear Addict

Do you have to insert some kind of device to drop the signal down to -10? Or can you just use a 1/4" TRS to RCA adapter?

Brandon

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search