The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Welcome Tape Op'ers!
Old 22nd July 2005
Welcome Tape Op'ers!

Larry Crane, friend, fellow engineer, studio owner and editor of that marvelous mag Tape Op http://tapeop.com/ gave Gearslutz a very kind plug in the most recent edition so if there are any folks checking us out for the first time as a result...

HOWDY!

Here is a potted guide to the site for you..

So much gear, so little time! - This forum, anything studio related goes, studio & music biz politics, mid level recording studio chatter etc..(+ engineering & production techniques)

High end - this is the high price tag gear discussion area (+ engineering & production techniques)

Low End Theory - nothing to do with bass this is the less expensive gear budget hang out (+ engineering & production techniques) get the best for your money!

Music computers - Mac's & PC tricking them out for recording use..

Remote Possibilities - remote, mobile & location recording forum! (+ engineering & production techniques)

New product alert! - whats new out there?

Geekslutz forum - A forum for techie geekie nerds! Debate diodes, talk tubes & evaluate the potential of potentiometers!

Mp3 upload - Work in progress / advice requested / Show & Tell / Artist showcase (
Post MP3's of; Your work, Works in progress, Material you seek advice on

The good news channel - share your good news

The moan zone - moan here about studio stuff

Guest Moderator archives - Review past guest forums moderated by; Dave Pensado, Mike Shipley, Charles Dye, Dave Derr, Tim deParavicini, Slipperman, Jonathan Little, Al Smart, EveAnna Manley, Fletcher, Alphajerk and Dave Martin + the "How to make money" studio forum (LOTS OF GOOD engineering & production techniques in these archives!!!!) set view to be 'from the beginning')

Other Gearoovy Sitez! - Here are links to other websites you may find interesting

Gear free zone - shoot the breeze!- A place for non audio related discussion.

TIP: Try a search before starting a new post, perhaps you can join an existing discussion!

TOP TIP: View the site by clicking on the 'New Posts" button (top middle right) then skim read the topic titles and only click on ones that interest you. When done reading click on the New Posts button again & repeat.. dont forget to check all pages! (bottom right) This way... you never miss anything new....

Enjoy!
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Great article in the latest edition on Peter Gabriel's Real World Studio !!!

Very cool mag !!

Thanks !!!!
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Tape Op is the balls where mags are concerned. The conference was great and I was honored to be on the Mastering Panel.
Tape Op and Gearslutz could shake things up proper.
chap
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Tape op is hands down the best . Everyone needs to just sign up and get the mag for free . larry crane is right there with the good guys of gear ( oliver / jules / soundguy / fletcher / oassenburg / ohlson , ect, what a great network.
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

sorry , there should have been a / between soundguy and jules
read every post you can by this bloke
Old 22nd July 2005
Gear Maniac

Unfortunatelly I can't received it here in my country
better.... tape Op don't ship it to Brazil
I'm so sorry about that
At least i've got the book (the red one)... and I visit TO forum at their site.

I like it!
M.
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

I just got my latest issue (July/August) a couple days ago. As usual, it rocks. Keep up the fine work Larry (you too Jules).
Old 23rd July 2005
Treat it like an aligator would?

When I get my copy of Tape Op I usually throw it around the house a little - stashing it in various places for about a week.. (i mean if you lose track of it for a while, what could be better than finding it again?!) I then spend the next 2 weeks reading a little bit of it at a time... savoring each morsel, never wanting it to end.

My recent copy suffered some sort of alligator death roll, within days I had detached the covers and I have lost it...............PER-FECT!!!! I WILL find it...!

That Soundcraft Ghost ad tricks me every time!

I think it's part of the editorial and then realise..... DOH! hur hur dey got me agAin!

Take it to the studio? YOU MUST BE JOKING!!!!! ...it might get......... (horrors)....... STOLEN!!!!
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap
Tape Op is the balls where mags are concerned. The conference was great and I was honored to be on the Mastering Panel.
Tape Op and Gearslutz could shake things up proper.
chap
My friend chap was there? Sweet! Good for you, chap!
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Best group of guys on the web right here. Welcome Tape-Op types!
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Yea...I started coming here when Tape Op began having problems with its very own message board. To be honest, I checked its status before coming here again just moments ago. Gearslutz is now at the top of my list of trusted forums to get info and give help when I can, thanks Slutz.

BTW...spent some time at Jackpot! just a few months ago for one of Larry's workshops. He was just as cool and hospitable as you would imagine. It was worth every penny and is suggested.

Jeff
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hociman
My friend chap was there? Sweet! Good for you, chap!
Hey Pal,
I was just bragging on you the other day. I was describing how you talked me off the ledge during the needlessly painful migration from G4 to G5 with HD3Accell.
6.9 is still buggy. It eats tempo changes on every session.

We're burying my Dad today. That means (along with saying goodbye to a great guy) that I have to talk into a microphone without holding my guitar. Nervous as a tick but that's what pharmaceuticals are made for. I'll call you when the dust (no pun intended) settles.

Nice avatar thingy.
peace,
Jim
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap
Hey Pal,
I was just bragging on you the other day. I was describing how you talked me off the ledge during the needlessly painful migration from G4 to G5 with HD3Accell.
6.9 is still buggy. It eats tempo changes on every session.
If you've got a set of steps guaranteed to show a bug, PM them to me. I know the right people to get them to (sorry, fellow slutz, this applies to chap only!).
Quote:
We're burying my Dad today. That means (along with saying goodbye to a great guy) that I have to talk into a microphone without holding my guitar. Nervous as a tick but that's what pharmaceuticals are made for. I'll call you when the dust (no pun intended) settles.
I'm so sorry. My deepest sympathies. <insert sad smiley here>

Quote:
Nice avatar thingy.
Thanks!
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Maniac

I'm the opposite...............................
I'm a long time slut, who just got his first issue of tape-op. I've been awaiting the day impatiently since I signed up. Just got it yesterday. Welcome tape-op'ers!!! Enjoy gearslutz.
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

i <3 Tape Op. best magazine... ever
Old 28th July 2005
Lives for gear

Is the message board no more at TapeOp?
I'm a little slow.
Old 28th July 2005
was hacked / is down / being fixed / hang in there /
Old 29th July 2005
Lives for gear

Well allrighty then. It's allways nice when something like that happens.
Old 30th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0w
Well allrighty then. It's allways nice when something like that happens.
Hey macr0w, do I know you? PM me.

Thanks, Jules!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Old 1st August 2005
Gear Nut

I was very impressed by TapeOp when Larry did a review of some Behringer unit. He described how the memory battery was dead when he opened the box. Behringer approached Larry and kindly asked that he call them whenever he wants to review one their products, and they would ship him something proper. Larry responded by telling them he wants to show the average TapeOpper what he can expect when buying a Behringer product. heh
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Addict

I gots every issue but the first 11. I need to find the book that has those. Love that mag and the site

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search