The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
does anybody in here have less than $10K worth of equip?
Old 18th September 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaClyde View Post
What your gear is "worth" is not necessarily what you paid for it when you got it
Some of my stuff is vintage 1990's. Doesn't that make it worth even more?
That totally depends what it is, and as mentioned, also depends on whether there are flower pots in shot

It would appear 90's reverb units are worth their weight in gold!!
Old 18th September 2015
Lives for gear

I am still running a 90's first gen digital board. A Panasonic Ramsa WR-DA7, which I bought new back then. I wouldn't trade it for a new SSL of any size. (To be fair, I would sure think about that, though).

There is a certain sound about this desk that I've never heard with any other digital board. Hard to describe, but there is added 'clarity and weight' to anything that runs through it. I use it for routing everything, which for me is voiceover chains and associated occasional production.

I think these boards can be picked up for a song now, relatively speaking. If you run across one in good condition (and have the chance to hear it in a decent room) you'll probably hear what I've been picking up on. I don't know whether it is hard to find them in good condition, but I have never had to repair so much as a squeaky pot on this thing. It's been a gem for me.
Old 18th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaClyde View Post
That totally depends what it is, and as mentioned, also depends on whether there are flower pots in shot

It would appear 90's reverb units are worth their weight in gold!!
I was mostly joking, but the truth is that mid 90's Ensoniq MR Rack synth is a very important part of my sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFlood View Post
Hard to describe, but there is added 'clarity and weight' to anything that runs through it.................It's been a gem for me.
yes.

Old 21st September 2015
Gear Head

My bedroom setup is worth about £5500, but that's 50% down to the MacBook Pro & Tannoy monitors I got for uni :L

Doesn't help that I'm a vintage synth nut, either. They're not cheap, and nor is the £200 repair estimate for my SCI Six Trak D:
Old 21st September 2015
Laptop, speakers, amp, cans, desk, keyboard all free from various places.
Chair £10 from a charity shop.
Interface £200 (also using the bundled Cubase SE)
Selection of cheap mics mostly bought 2nd hand £200 - 250.
Biggest single purchase was the bass at£250 (ooh, bass amp was a birthday gift too), but if eBay is anything to go by (pun) then that's quadrupled in value, so currently well in profit!
Old 30th September 2015
Lives for gear

Mv8000 $1200
Fantom $1300
Kurzweil k2000r $250
Tascam Dp32 $500
Golden Age Pre $350
My go to mics $1100
Other pres and comps bought 2nd hand $1300
Furniture and stands ECT $400
Computer and monitors $1500
Acoustic treatment $450

Last edited by Tommycash; 30th September 2015 at 06:46 AM..
Old 30th September 2015
Gear Maniac

lol, jeez all of you guys are over my head.
pc - 1500
maudio mobile pre - free
bx8s - free
mackie big knob - free
new krk 10s - free

And i can make well over 10k in a month.
Altho i'm ordering a zen studio and a b32 summing mixer so that will all change soon.
Old 30th December 2015
Gear Head

I started dabbling in songwriting/self-recording since 2010, have purchased the following since then:

Computer: Macbook Pro 2010 - bought new for $2200
Interface: Apogee Duet 1 - bought new for $450
DAW : Logic 9 - $200
Monitors : a pair of Genelec 8020s w for $1050 (came with a pair of complementary speaker cables)
Mic : shure SM7B - bought new for $350 (came with a complementary Blue Microphone XLR cable)
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88 & Sustain pedal $220
Software: Komplete 7 - $500, then purchased the upgrade to Version 10 for an additional $200 = $700
Bass traps: self-built for total of $1000
An acoustic guitar - given to me as a present Free

Total = $6150.

I am not a professional, just do it for fun.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search