The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Front Panel Option for Benchmark DAC1
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Addict

New Front Panel Option for Benchmark DAC1

DAC-1's got a face lift. Not really a new product but hey I think it looks sweet.

Quote:
July 20, 2005
A new front-panel option for the Benchmark DAC1 without rack-mount ears and with a bright aluminum finish is now available. This option better positions the DAC1 for the home audiophile and desktop recording markets.

"Numerous users have requested a version of the DAC1 without the rack mount ears," said Allen Burdick, President of Benchmark Media. "This option allows them to place the DAC1 comfortably next to a computer or in a home entertainment center."

The original black faceplate is still available for fixed rack-mount system installation. Mount the DAC1 with a second DAC1, a blank panel, or other half-wide Benchmark products such as the new ADC1. The price of the DAC1 remains the same with either front panel - $975
Attached Thumbnails
New Front Panel Option for Benchmark DAC1-dac-1.jpg  
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

I think it's kinda ugly. I love the look of my blackface DAC-1
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

The blackface version sounds more vintage.
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Head

Hola.

It´s a... It´s... mmmhh...

... New Behringer line?

Ya, ya! But, when can we heard the ADC and ADPre?

On july 22?

I´m loosing hope.
Old 26th July 2005
Gear Addict

It looks ok, but I'm partial to my blackface DAC-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGomez&Garcia
Ya, ya! But, when can we heard the ADC and ADPre?

On july 22?

I´m loosing hope.
I lost hope about a year ago . . . which was still a year after they said it would be released. I like the fact they took the time to get it up to their standards, but they should of never annouced a release date so early. But hey, then again, the continued delays on the ADC-1 finally gave me enough time to save up for the AD16x. heh
Old 26th July 2005
Gear Head

I´m very tired too.

I´m looking for HEDD or another good AD.

My DAC1 will be without brother in this life. I think.
Old 26th July 2005
Lives for gear

i kinda like it but the theme in our new studio is brushed aluminum so maybe thats why
Old 26th July 2005
Lives for gear

I like my black face DAC-1 too, but this new faceplate is aimed at the audiophile crowd isn't it? I believe he DAC-1 is fairly popular with them and being the fanatics they are, they probably have been requesting something that goes better with home decor. There's no doubt these rack ears would look pretty ugly in my living room!
Old 15th August 2005
Gear Head

Just thought everyone would like to know that the ADC1 is now shipping! The sales and marketing staff have been listening to them here all week, and it has all the uncolored and pristine sound that has made the DAC1 such a success. Personally, I am very pleased with the sound and I bought two of them for my location recordings!

Cheers,
Old 15th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimpmaster
Just thought everyone would like to know that the ADC1 is now shipping! The sales and marketing staff have been listening to them here all week, and it has all the uncolored and pristine sound that has made the DAC1 such a success. Personally, I am very pleased with the sound and I bought two of them for my location recordings!

Cheers,
Ah, finally! Good to hear, loving my DAC-1
Old 15th August 2005
Lives for gear

I'm buying AD this week so I'd like to think the ADC is shipping, so I can have a mate for my DAC-1. I'm still dubious though. I talked to Benchmark back in January and they told me it was 2-3 weeks away back then!

Can any vendors confirm this?
Old 15th August 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM
Ah, finally! Good to hear, loving my DAC-1

Glad to hear it! I do apologize for the perceived spam-tactic announcement. I thought I was doing everyone a favor by letting them know, but I have been met with ridicule. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Cheers,
Old 15th August 2005
Gear Head

When is shipping the ADC? This summer?

I´m interesting in the ADPre. Any shipping date?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search