The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Surround Monitor Controller For Nuendo?
Old 20th July 2005
Surround Monitor Controller For Nuendo?

Hi all,

I've been researching monitor-controllers for a while now, and seem to be at a loss.

Ideally, I'd love to find something like the digi pro-control but with actual surround outputs built in and compatible with Nuendo.

The catch is, I'd like to avoid going the O2R route - rather than have a digital mixer that looks like it's from 1996, I'd just like a very clean controller with a master section with surround (just 5.1) capabilities.

The Tascam US-2400 is close, but it's just a controller with no outputs.
And they still haven't got scribble-scripts.

Any suggestions/experiences?

Thanks!
Old 23rd July 2005
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Addict

i'm in the sam boat as you for monitoring. there is not much choice out their. i want somethig with talk back with good quality. i was looking at the the tascam ds-m7.1 but really want the grace design m906. there's also the maruin sound boxes anda the studio technology boxes but they don't have a talk back setup. but i thing you're looking for a midi controller as well.
Old 24th July 2005
yes, exactly.

there doesn't seem to be an "all in one solution", at least not as far as i can find. all i can think to do is get a controller for mixing on, converters, and a separate box for monitoring like the spl. that's a lot of bread, and a lot of different boxes.
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Addict

the amount of boxes doesn't bother me personally. i actually hate boxes that does everyhting. the don't seem to be great at it. i actually like to get a box that does one job very, very well. but hey that's just me.
Old 24th July 2005
There is only one

euphonix eucon./

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search