The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Powercore VSS3 vs Kurzweil Rumour? Multi-Effects Processors (HW)
Old 26th March 2009
Lives for gear

TC Powercore VSS3 vs Kurzweil Rumour?

Anyone compare these two? I have an old Powercore card that is unable to run demos for some reason, so I can't hear the VSS3. I just got a Mac Pro and was wondering if the VSS3 would make buying the new Powercore card worth it, and if it could possibly replace my Kurzweil Rumour. I've never loved the Rumour, but it still destroys every other plug verb I've heard.

Thanks
Old 26th March 2009
Gear Maniac

M3000

well I've got the M3000 reverb which has got the VSS3 reverbs and I (more than) like it. I've also got a few plug-in reverbs which I sometimes use but I must admit I do like having a hardware reverb. In your case, the powercore is powering your reverb which is the same thing. I don't use what some people call the "best" of the VSS3s which are the "real space" reverbs (for film work) which is one thing which makes higher end TC verbs shine. Just on a general purpose reverb (vocals, drums etc) the VSS3s are very good, I would feel confident they're better than the Kurzweil reverb. There are some cracking drum reverbs, indeed, I would say reverbs with shorter decays, rooms etc, are some of the best ones in there.

I know people talk about the revered Lexicon (I've got an MPX500) reverbs, but I have not found myself hankering for anything more than the TC. Maybe go for an M3000 or the 2000 which you can get for very small money.

Hope that's of some use.
Old 26th March 2009
Lives for gear

The Tc Powercore VSS3 is great at small distances but on Medium to larger Plates and Halls I owul dhave to go with the Kurzweil.Also the Rumour has some killer ambience settings and is a great box for what you can get them for.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search