The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Fort Apache(camp street)
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

Fort Apache(camp street)

Hi all,

When I lived in Boston not so long ago, there was a room in cambridge, ma usa called fort apache. It was the last stop for the fabeld studio; I know they shut down that operation and moved to Vermont, but now I see some album credits coming up with camp street studios, with Paul Q's name. Does any one know what's going on up there? Like what console they're mixing on? gear?? private or open to the masses??

Any ways, it was a great place to make a record, big room, had a strange performance stage(good place for the drums). Just wondering if any New England slutz know what's going on, thanks. ez
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

I don't know if it's Paul and Sean, but it seems like it should be.

http://www.fortapache.net/studio/studiofrm.html

I'd like to know!
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Addict

camp street is paul's place. i been there, liked it a lot, didn't study the gear too much, but they sure have a nice mic collection. m269, um70, coles 4038, rca 77... and that's just what i got to see!
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

thanks, I was a lil more interested in the mixing desk, that building used to house a custom neve that had 28 channel amps and a 24 input jukebox, the meter bridge had PPM meters which were totally foreign to me at the time.
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

hi there,

i'd like to know more about that studio too...hey mercedes recorded their final album there which sounds awesome.
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Maniac

A friend of mine just finished tracking a record there. I think he said that they have a Neotek now. I am mixing with him tomorrow and I will ask.

Reed
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Guru

Sonic Circus sold the Neve the Fort Apache had.
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

is it really sold? or is it just sitting in a warehouse just off of I-93, south of boston. I took some pictures of that console about two years ago!!! When I bought some 3415 off the circus, nice people!!!

This console is not an 8078, more like some custom 52 channel board. The give away is the 24 channel jukebox, and then some!
8078 had a 32 channel jukebox
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaReed
A friend of mine just finished tracking a record there. I think he said that they have a Neotek now. I am mixing with him tomorrow and I will ask.

Reed
When he opened the room, Paul had a "Tweed" board, which he said was more or less a Neve with a different label. I'd be surprised if he doesn't still have it, though I haven't been there for at least 6 months or so.
He has a lot of fairly esoteric gear laying around in addition to the studio staples you would expect. He tends to be pretty intuitive and spontaneous in the studio as to what gear he uses for a particular part, and his instincts serve him well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search