The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Truth TA-1P - sub needed?
Old 19th July 2005
Gear Head

Truth TA-1P - sub needed?

I'm thinking about a much needed upgrade to my Event 20/20bas and especially for the money, the Truth Audio TA-1P seems to fit the bill nicely. I know specs don't tell the whole story, but with a -3dB point of 48Hz, do they have enough true low end?
Or is a sub needed? (I am a bass player after all)

I'd be driving them w/ either an Adcom GFA545 or Crest Vs900 until the funds for a Bryston come in. Even if they don't NEED a sub, I'll probably add one at some point, just to make sure there are no surprises in the bottom octave

Thanks,
Jed
Old 22nd July 2005
Gear Head

Bump

bump
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

I have the active versions with no sub ....all mix seemed to be holding up fine in the bottom end........you may have to udjust how much you should push the low end....once you get used to them by themself you shouldnt have a promblem....they do pack quite a punch for such little guys.

Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio thumbsup
Old 22nd July 2005
Gear Head

Ron, thanks for the reply.
All I've read about the Truths indicate that the low-end is quite good. Just checking the (published) specs (48Hz -3dB on the Truth vs 38Hz -2dB on the 20/20bas) made me wonder, though the Events are far from what I'd call accurate in the bottom octave.
Guess I need to give them a try. Was leaning toward the passives on price alone, the actives seem more popular around here. Anyone compared the two?

Jed
Old 22nd July 2005
Gear Guru

I'm actually looking at the passive model because they are passive and also not bi-amped. I'm planning to a couple different sets of monitors in her in a few months.
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Compared to most nearfield/midfields, the Truths have MUCH punchier lows. However, I like a little sub with most small speakers to give more of a sense of what outside listeners will be hearing. I keep it really low but thats all I need.

Steve
www.bangrecording.com
www.blacklinerock.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search