The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann's being sold "at cost"!
Old 22nd April 2003
Lives for gear

Re: MA, Neumann, Politics, Irreverance

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowdbrent
I myself am a Christian and ......

Germans are VERY anti-semetic. Consider why Germany did not want us going in to Habib-ville. They were providing Saddam Insane with technology and uclear reactor product. They also have an insterest in the demise of Israel, just as Russia does. So one picture about THEIR PROUD PAST should not offend them.
Quote:
Hey Malice, when your country grows some balls and gets out of bed with every political *****, you can have an understanding of where I am coming from.
Quote:
Had we irreverant people not interceded, you would not exist today, nor would your little country. If your bloodline did exist, you would be German.
Since we are now talking religion and politics ( Sorry Jules) ...

I am have a Judeo-Christian belief system and the number one time killer for me is distancing myself from this sort of horse ****. are you completly ****ing crazy?

1)All germans are anti semetic now? wow, this is the same sort of logic that actually led to Hitler, and the Clan ( another fine US export)
2) When his country grows some balls? Wow us US dwellers know all about war and what it does to us now after what, 2 attacks on our soil ever ( I am thinking Pearl and NYC)
3)What is wrong with being German?

Soory for the rant all, I really hate it when these threads go this way ( although I am now officially one of the reasons for derailment) but this is just crap.
Old 22nd April 2003
Moderator emeritus

Jules, can you move the political posts to the war thread? I quit reading RAP because of this ****...
Old 22nd April 2003
Lives for gear

Sorry Dave, I agree with you ...

That is why I said I won't respond more than I did outside the moan zone ...

I kinda lost my temper again, damn me

malice
Old 22nd April 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Germans are VERY anti-semetic. Consider why Germany did not want us going in to Habib-ville. They were providing Saddam Insane with technology and uclear reactor product. They also have an insterest in the demise of Israel, just as Russia does. So one picture about THEIR PROUD PAST should not offend them.
Rarely have I ever read such an ignorant and clueless statement. Dropped at birth maybe?
Old 22nd April 2003
member no 666

Quote:
Germans are VERY anti-semetic.
I'm sure some are... but no more so than the people in most other countries [the US included!!], and certainly less so than the vast majority of the people in the 'middle east'.

This ain't about "anti-semetism' in any manner, shape, nor form. To suggest so dilutes my original premise.
Old 22nd April 2003
Lives for gear

Neumann is very hypocritical...the give dealer of the year awards to the biggest *****s...and have no desire to support dealers who demo..correctly specify.. and stock product. When i asked for a demo USM69...i was told we dont sell enuff to demo...but when i asked for a TLM50...was told we sell too many to bother with demos...wats up wit dat!!
It appears the accountants are running the ship...any passion we previously had...will be wiped away as foolishness.
Old 28th April 2004
Gear Head

I admire Fletcher giving the finger to Neumann.

The Sennheiser service horror stories are enough to make me steer clear of that line. The letter from the CEO and the CC to the lawyer are enough to make me steer clear of Neumann. And yes, I would like to own a TLM M50-S, but I won't. Same reason I won't own a S&W 629... sellouts are sellouts.

Corporations are not your friend. Check out the Ruby Tubes vs Ruby Amps thing if you want to see corporate lawyer dickheads in action. The only impact corporations understand is financial impact to them. If it takes M.A. and others to create that impact, so be it. I support it.
Old 28th April 2004
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

Interesting that this is just about the one year anniversary of this thread...

Chris
Old 28th April 2004
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher
Key words in that sentence: "good condition"
FWIW I am a big Fletcher fan so it's hard to be objective. I mean ****, he has basically built my studio since I've been taking his gear advice on RAP for the past seven years. Be that as it may, I have lived in France, Germany, The Netherlands for extended periods of time and all this stuff I am reading is true and not true as well. Same with America. you got good. You got bad. Just like U67s and U47s. But I know for a fact that Neumann has been making it difficult for dealers to compete, so say my dealer friends. And if Fletcher gave them a dose of his opinion I can only say I wish I was there with my Nagra 'cause I'm sure it was some funny ****. I mean he is after all the Lenny Bruce of pro audio and it's too ****ing bad if Neumann doesn't like it, their loss.
Old 28th April 2004
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

Fletcher seems more like the
"Lester Bangs of pro audio" to me.
(meant as a compliment BTW)

Chris
Old 28th April 2004
member no 666

Wow... was that only a year ago? Seems like five years... maybe more.

Things that have gone on in my world since Adolf left the building... first, we found Microtech Gefell... which IMNTLBFHO, is making far superior microphones to the "other" Neumann... Soundelux has come out with some absolutely brilliant new product, the Brauner VMA absolutely blew my mind... and great googly moogly... we haven't missed being a Sennheiser dealer in the slightest.

I still have, and we still use my TLM-103 [serial #13] on a regular basis... it is the mic that we use on the test rig... it is the mic we use for initial evaluation of mic pre's when they first come in the building. We never use it for actual recording, but other than that it's a fine product.

Somehow I sincerely doubt that Neumann/USA felt as much as a blip when we were tossed under the bus, which is cool... they moved on to bigger and better Banjo Marts, we've moved on to better things... so it's all good.

We still don't consider our website an "advertising medium", and there are a couple of other manufacturers that have had an issue with that, but none that has had the balls to go toe to toe about it the way Neumann did.

One of the nice things about our joint is that with the exception of two or three of the lines we carry, I'm on a first name / home phone number basis with the designer of the product, which adds to my personal comfort level in terms of the stuff we carry... being a small company, we prefer to deal with other small companies... it's way more personable that way.

Other than that... it was a good year... a long year, a year that flew by in the blink of an eye... and a year where both of my kids started to like going to rock and roll shows [though the little one thinks you're supposed to have a laminate when you go to a show and gets all indignant when all she gets is a "sticker" pass... how do you explain to your 10 year old that when you were that age you actually had to buy tickets and sit with the people in the audience? ... ahh these kids today, I'll tell ya........]
Old 28th April 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher
[though the little one thinks you're supposed to have a laminate when you go to a show and gets all indignant when all she gets is a "sticker" pass... how do you explain to your 10 year old that when you were that age you actually had to buy tickets and sit with the people in the audience? ... ahh these kids today, I'll tell ya........]
Hihihi heh

Maybe you could show her people camping before entrance in front of the halls. I´m sure it would impress.

About website presentation / marketing speech. Usually there is no sense to me in regard of national stuff, but I´ve said it before, there is indeed something weird about the German ideas of talking to consumers. It seems common here to believe that stiff was associated with "serious".
As a result the marketing and consumer communication here appears to be the least inspiring and most stale.

When I saw your website for the first time what I liked most was exactly the unconventional speech and the little articles besides the obligate gear presentation.

Neumann might think too short if they believe an antiseptical style and image would be best for their products. Just like Porsche who sell one of the best brands with the dullest car advertisement I have ever seen. Actually I´m pretty sure their ads to sell nothing. Rather won´t their fanciless PR concepts disturb the sellings too much, because of the good products themselves.

Emotions and authenticity catch. :O)

Ruphus
Old 29th April 2004
Lives for gear

>2) When his country grows some balls? Wow us US dwellers know all about war and what it does to us now after what, 2 attacks on our soil ever ( I am thinking Pearl and NYC)

Then there was 1812 - remember that the White House has been burnt down. Twice.

And the Civil War.
📝 Reply