The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AKG ADR 68k 4.0 upgrade
Old 12th April 2003
Lives for gear

AKG ADR 68k 4.0 upgrade

Just wanted to let folks know that I am offering an upgrade to the AKG ADR 68k reverb. Since AKG does not support the unit anymore, I worked out an agreement with them to provide basic services for the unit, including upgrading it to the last OS version (4.0).

Details can be found here: ADR 68k

thanks
Old 20th March 2019
Here for the gear

Hi oldgearguy, I know there's a bit of a time displacement between now and when you posted your services for the AKG ADR68K. I'm hoping you're still active on Gearslutz and are still a resource for this vintage reverb. I've had mine for about 15 years, use it sporadically. Lately I've been thinking about parting with it because a) it takes valuable real estate in my rack and b) is very limited with what I Can use if for due to a technical issue. Basically, it will only work when I power-on with the HELP button pressed on the remote, putting the unit into a reset/self-test mode. I can use it with the "cold start" mode, but can't save any parameters that way, obviously. It seems to work 100% in this mode, but I'd like it tow work properly. I have the use manual, but not any service manual.

Can you help me return this puppy back to it's glory?

Thanks!
PS: mine is ver 3.07

Last edited by virtualMo; 20th March 2019 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: added verion info
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Nut

As a total non expert, doesn't that sound like a dead battery?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search