The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Headphone amp?
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Headphone amp?

Hey Gang,

I need to find a decent but affordable headphone amplifier with balanced in's. I have a pair of sennheiser HD600's that need some juice! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brent
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I don't know if it has balanced ins, but everyone says the behringer headphone amp is a steal, even though we all hate beh, it's just a phone amp. Even people who hate beh have this amp.
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djavid15
I don't know if it has balanced ins, but everyone says the behringer headphone amp is a steal, even though we all hate beh, it's just a phone amp. Even people who hate beh have this amp.

I'm assuming we're are talking about the POWERPLAY PRO-XL HA4700? It's crazy how little they sell these things for but are they going to make stuff sound like ass through this HD600's? I can see this as being a very cost effective box for tracking but what about mixing in the cans?

Brent
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

i use Symetrix 304 for years in my 2 studios. They are very reliable. Worth a try.
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Can highly recommend the DACs headlite.

CH 1 has an extra loud amp which is great for drummers.

http://www.dacs-audio.com/Distributi...dlite_main.htm
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Who's everyone?
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Everyone? Count me out of that hearsay "everyone". I've owned it, it broke, no serviceable parts, gone. And did not sound good whilst doing it.

Oz Audio HR-4 was no better, really disappointing how many things were wrong with that thing. So far Samson S-Phones is marginally better. I'd go with Rane next time, or build your own from a decent amp and distribution box.

Steve
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Guru
DACS

DACS Headlite Rules. Very Hi Fi and LOUD. S-PHONE seems OK. Behringer is banned- Guaranteed.... to fail.
DD
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

i have a powerplay and it is in use daily with no problems and plenty of gian and it has high/low boost/cut too.

if you ask me it is a steal. i got mine used for $60.
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I didn't mean everyone, but alot of people on here, who hate beh, still use the headphone amp. I thought you only wanted this for tracking. I don't know if i'd suggest it for mixing w/cans.
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for the info so far gang. Does anyone know what the DAC goes for? I tried to find some pricing on their website but nadda. I live in Canada too, I wonder how bad the duty is from GB.

Is it just me or does the Sphone look exactly the behringer? ( vice versa perhaps)
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

check out www.head-fi.org if you want really technical headphone amp discussion. www.headphone.com sells their own line of good headphone amplifiers in many price ranges
Old 19th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Does the DAC Headlite have balanced ins?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search