The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ADAM S3A vs. K+H O300D
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

ADAM S3A vs. K+H O300D

Sorry, I just had to....seems like alot of people here actually has one of these two as their favourite near/mid-field speaker, so I just had to ask...

Which one do you like best, and why?

I really like the S3A cause they tell me when a mix sounds bad (even moore honest then the 8050 i'm trying out too) ...never tried the O300D, but very curious about them...

Someone mentioned the K+H almost being "too" flat compared to the S3A?
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom
Sorry, I just had to....seems like alot of people here actually has one of these two as their favourite near/mid-field speaker, so I just had to ask...

Which one do you like best, and why?

I really like the S3A cause they tell me when a mix sounds bad (even moore honest then the 8050 i'm trying out too) ...never tried the O300D, but very curious about them...

Someone mentioned the K+H almost being "too" flat compared to the S3A?

IMO the 0300D's out classed the ADAM's on these points just to name a few:

Imaging - The 0300D's have that 3D "hear into the mix" quality about them the ADAM's just didn't really have. Pan positions, verb tails, problem areas stand out clearly. Small changes are heard easily. Desperation is WIDE with the 0300D's. Height is all there.

Tighter bass responce - The low end is extended, tighter and translated better. Decisions here are accurate and made with confidence.

Mids are exceptional - just have to hear it. Clarity would be a good word here. ADAM's just weren't as defined in the mids and I know that's what many rave about. But it's true for me anyway.

Top end - IMO the ADAM's felt pushed. Ribbon or not. My ear dosen't really want that.

Translation - Everything I went to for reference had better balance from the 0300D's. Car to boom box to several home systems and a couple of rooms the K&H mixes stood better.

My ear wanted exactly what the 0300D's were giving. Or may be I should I say I prefer the way the 0300D's lie to me more than the ADAM's did.

I would give them a try if you can.
Old 14th November 2005
Lives for gear

So, anyone out there prefering S3A's over 0300D's?
Old 14th November 2005
Lives for gear

Barefoot MM27
Old 14th November 2005
I second everything Dan-O said thumbsup

and two thumbsup for K&H
Old 14th November 2005
Lives for gear

I am writing a review of the 0300D for Tape Op magazine.

-- c
Old 14th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetness
Barefoot MM27

Hey Bro,

Yo guys are killin me with the Barefoot talk!!! When will we (here in the east) get a chance to hear them? Does anyone in NYC have them? How about on-order to NY? (sorry to go off topic)
Old 20th November 2005
Lives for gear

The barefoot stuff is like second coming of Christ or something supposedly - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/48222-barefoot-micromain-27-vs-adam-s3a-shootout-read-all-about.html

I would like to hear the opinion of someone totally unbiased who has heard them. Perhaps we should take up a collection and send 84K to San Francisco....
Old 20th November 2005
Lives for gear

Mike Nehra will be hearing the Barefoots before the end of the year along with several engineers of his choice. They will have the new Micromain 27s at their disposal for ten days.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search