The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Atty: Is there an attenuator inside the Atty?
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Head

Atty: Is there an attenuator inside the Atty?

Anyone know what's inside iht Atty as far as pot? Is it really an good attenuator for $100 or a cheesy volume pot?
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

Hehe...great question that I don't have the answer for, other than to say that I own one, and it works fine.
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustic_kid
Anyone know what's inside iht Atty as far as pot? Is it really an good attenuator for $100 or a cheesy volume pot?
Hello AK,

First,...thank you for your interest in A Designs Audio products.
I feel the ATTY is a great attenuator for 100.00 usd YES!
Please keep in mind the 100.00 you are paying is NOT just for a pot.
You also have an all steel case, 2 1/4inch/XLR combo input connectors, 2 balanced XLR output connectors, PCB, Mute Switch, paint and silk screen, black cap for the mute switch, black metal knob, shipping box, 4 rubber feet, and of course time and labor along with full warranty.

To answer your original question the pot is a 20k audio quad pot. IMO it does the job. I tried (with soaring costs of manufacturing) to do my best to keep the price as affordable as possible to the enduser (you). If you are looking for a higher quality pot, you could and MIGHT pay UP to 100.00 just for a pot (possible...... IMO).

Now, if you would like to email me direct please feel free to do so and if you require more information I would be more than happy to help you in anyway possible.
Also if you would like, I will ship you one to try before you purchase at the cost of shipping only and a credit card for security (only because I have trusted too many people and have been burned too many times) and then YOU can decide for yourself if the ATTY fits your needs.

You can respond by clicking on our website and emailing me or you can call me anytime at 818-716-4153.

Please use your posted name first so that I will know who I am talking to......thank you.

Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Head

What service! Thanks for all that info. It's a shame that people abuse others like that. No worry here, I can afford $100 and I'm off to Sweet or MMM to buy one on line.

Have you guys thought about making a similar box with a stepped attenuator at a higher cost to please the purists here. I'd for one be very interested. I'd be willing to pay around $300+ for the Atty with a stepped pot or $100 one as mentioned.

Thank again and have a great day!
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustic_kid
What service! Thanks for all that info. It's a shame that people abuse others like that. No worry here, I can afford $100 and I'm off to Sweet or MMM to buy one on line.

Have you guys thought about making a similar box with a stepped attenuator at a higher cost to please the purists here. I'd for one be very interested. I'd be willing to pay around $300+ for the Atty with a stepped pot or $100 one as mentioned.

Thank again and have a great day!

AK,

Contact me.

Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

I bought an ATTY for use between my Lynx Two and my powered monitors.

Good sound quality, but the problem for me was that the L/R balance was off by up to several dB over most of the range of the level control (I measured by looping back into my DAW.)

In the end, for my intended purpose, it was worthless. I ended up buying a Coleman M3PH.
Old 18th July 2005
i also have problems with the L/R balance especially when i turn the pot down. is there a way around this? thanks, pete
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemin
i also have problems with the L/R balance especially when i turn the pot down. is there a way around this? thanks, pete
Hi Petemin,

Yes, we had some VERY early units that went out and the pots were funky from our vender. They tested fine at the shop. We recalled as many as the Dealers would send back.
How old is your unit?
I would say about a little over a year or so ago. No matter what, please contact me via email petemin.

Let me know okay?

To Dawgear who bought a Coleman.........sorry, you should have contacted me when you had this problem.
I don't know which Dealer you purchased from but some of the dealers didn't respond to our re-call.

I wished you could have called seeing you are right here in La La Land.

Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
Old 18th July 2005
hey pete

i bought the unit at the end of feb, 2004. i'll give you a call tomorrow. thanks so much for your response. pete
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemin
hey pete

i bought the unit at the end of feb, 2004. i'll give you a call tomorrow. thanks so much for your response. pete
Hi petemin,

I know what's wrong 100% understandable.
Yes, please contact me and we can get this fixed for you petemin.

Thanks for your understanding,
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

supernicebox @ peter ...

had the feeling as well , that the L-R levels are different , after 5 mins it turned out that the digi ads arent 100% right .

i use em every day ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search