The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Convolution Reverb!!!! Which One?
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob katz
Did Altiverb come up with a PC version yet?
Audioease:

"Altiverb 5 is a convolution reverb plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows XP."

It is a very very good app.
Old 22nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Having demoed the IR-1 and owning the Altiverb 5, I am pretty sure that I prefer the Altiverb. There are new impulses posted on their website frequently, you can record your own impulses (although I haven't done this yet), and the quality of the responses is very realistic. I also really like the user interface and Audio Ease is a company that really seems to care about their customers, at least more so than Waves IME.

Of course there is the "I own it so I prefer it" syndrome; I could be a victim of that.

It's not a convolution reverb, but I also need to put in a vote for the Sony Oxford. I have been using that on my mixes a lot and I really love the way it sounds too.

J.D.
Old 22nd June 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre tchmil
Please explain !!!!!!

I wanna do that too . with my demo expired TL space , and a few Altiverb IR's and maybe a few of the Revibe .
IR's should work in any convolution reverb. they are not manufacturer specfic as far as my experience. They are kinda like MIDI files (a standard)

I use the space designer in logic, but i have all the IR's from Altiverb and the Waves IR running
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativenat
IR's should work in any convolution reverb. they are not manufacturer specfic as far as my experience. They are kinda like MIDI files (a standard)

I use the space designer in logic, but i have all the IR's from Altiverb and the Waves IR running
convolution reverb newbie here also trying to decide which to buy.

so what you're saying is it pretty much doesn't matter because they're all able to reproduce each other's IRs? in your experience does any one application sound better than another given the same IR?

seems altiverb offers the most samples of the lot, but the waves plug can also sample, so does it really matter? thank you all.
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raal
so what you're saying is it pretty much doesn't matter because they're all able to reproduce each other's IRs?
When they first came out a couple years ago every one was stealing the Altiverb IR files. Since then, the format has changed so you can no longer just download them for free.

You can also make your own IRs with Altiverb. (if you really want to go through the effort)
Old 15th July 2006
Gear Addict

anyone compared Altiverb to PristineSpace?
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear

my 2 cents would be that Altiverb is excellent...has a great EMT140 plate (great for a lot of things especially vocals)..Space Designer has it's good points too...but Altiverb gets more use with me..
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear

Well I ordered a copy of Altiverb PC a few days ago. I figure for $500 I can't go wrong.

We'll see.

I passed on the IR-1 due to Ilok. I hate Ilok. Down with Ilok.

Lawrence
Old 15th July 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence
Well I ordered a copy of Altiverb PC a few days ago. I figure for $500 I can't go wrong.

We'll see.

I passed on the IR-1 due to Ilok. I hate Ilok. Down with Ilok.

Lawrence
Isn't Altiverb iLok as well? Says it is n their web site anyway.
Old 15th July 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativenat

please excuse my ignorance but I couldn't open Altiverb IRs in Spacedesigner??
I'll have another look next week (studio computer is down) can you tell me what kind of files, and how to import? maybe it is so simple I just overlooked it...
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterno
And here's one vote for Altiverb. Aren't we a lot of help...

John
Altiverb +1
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear

I was so totally sold on Altiverb - then I found TL Space on eBay for $169. Haven't looked back since - totally pleased.
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear

Not to thread hyjack, BUT.....

Is there a way to download the Altiverb IRs and get them to work for TL Space? I just want those Cello rooms!

EDIT: Rawrz. You hafta be a registered user :(

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search