The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DBX 163X question
Old 15th July 2005
Gear Maniac

DBX 163X question

Hi there, I recently bought a DBX 163X compressor. It do not have the manual for it and i have a question. this is a mono compressor , at the back of the unit there is an output( i think) that says stereo strapping. Just beside it there is a toggle button that says master & slave. Does anyone know what this is for?

thanks
Old 15th July 2005
Lives for gear

stereo linking to a second unit
Old 15th July 2005
Gear Nut

I'm selling one if anyone wants it. EDIT: $50 + shipping.

The 1st one was claimed for $45. The 2nd one is bubble-wrapped with the 463x: I would prefer to sell the 163x/463x combo together - $100 + shipping. Or $50 individually.
Old 15th July 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanstar Zero
I'm selling one if anyone wants it. $45 + shipping.
To Bruce: Buy it! It's a great peace!
To Lanstar: Don't sell it! It's a great peace!
Old 16th July 2005
Gear Nut

I have another one! I don't ever use them for stereo compressing, mainly bass/room mic, mono gtr tracks, etc. So it's all good!
Old 16th July 2005
Gear Maniac

i'll take it! pm on the way!
Old 16th July 2005
Gear Nut

AHA! Here, I confirmed it:

"There is an interesting feature of the DBX 163x Compressor and the 463x Noise Gate. If you have one 163x and one 463x, you can use a 1/4" TRS cable to connect the "Stereo Strapping" jacks on the back of both units. When you set the 163x as "Master" and the 463x as "Slave" (rear panel button), you get a stereo Compressor. Additionally, if you set the 463x as "Master" and the 163x as "Slave", you get a stereo Noise Gate"

Kinda cool. With a 163x/463/x combo, you can either have a stereo compressor or gate!
Old 16th July 2005
Gear Nut

UPDATE: My one 163x is claimed. Additionally, I have 2 dbx 163's (not 163x's) and 1 dbx 463x. The 163's are this: dbx 163

I'm selling both 163's for $45 each, and the 463x for $50 (+ shipping for any of them).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search