The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ECHO Layla users...
Old 15th July 2005
Gear Head

ECHO Layla users...

Slutz,

Has anyone experimented with replacing the 15 foot serial cable (that connects the Layla24 to the PCI card) with a longer one? I would like to get a 25 foot cable...does anyone know of any harm in doing so? Any certain cables I should look for?

{caz}
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz
Slutz,

Has anyone experimented with replacing the 15 foot serial cable (that connects the Layla24 to the PCI card) with a longer one? I would like to get a 25 foot cable...does anyone know of any harm in doing so? Any certain cables I should look for?

{caz}
From Echo Audio's support site:

"DO NOT confuse the Layla cable and your printer cable. They are NOT the same. The Layla cable is specially designed for use with Layla and carries power to the PCI card. If you mix up these cables you will void your warranty and could damage your Layla or your printer."

I'd advise calling Echo and seeing if they offer a longer cable, but I wouldn't try a regular DB-25 serial cable!

-Synth80s
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Head

Eh', the same area of the manual that the above was quoted from states that on the Layla 24 it is a DB9 serial cable...which I have found all over the web. I just wanted to see if anyone experimented with such a distance as 25 feet. I asked echoaudio and they said the worst that could happen is added latency, but that it might not be detectable.

I am gonna go for it...I'll let you know what happens.

{caz}
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Head

i have a 20, but if its got the same cable there is no way its a DB9. I work for a company that manufactures LCD Displays and these displays use DB9 connectors and these things are tiny. like the size of your monitor cable.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

I'm interested in hearing how it goes, keep us posted. I use a layla with cubase sx3. It sounds good but I do have a intermittent lock up problem I'm trying to get to the bottom of, if any layla users want to chime in.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search