The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
language, vocab, verbal descriptions
Old 15th July 2005
Lives for gear

language, vocab, verbal descriptions

Been working on and off with a client/friend on "demos" which suddenly became "album" one day in the distant past

For some time, she's been saying, "I want it to be bright, like Norah Jones, like blah blah... looonng list...

Me: "Well, Will has got some nice gear in his studio which can achieve that when you re-track your vox" TLM103>>> Focusrite ISA (blue thingy)>>> HD = bright I think!... "Plus when it comes to mixing, he's got nice Eqs, and the mastering engineer will do the right thing" Blah blah...

So after several months we listen to a soft lush sounding ambient track with mellow vox and lots of reverb, and she says "Thats the sound I want for this track we're doing: Nice and bright!"

Me "But the vocal sounds really smooth mellow and quite dark"

So I'm now thinking we're calling "bright" 2 completely different things:

I suddenly realise stike that she's talking about an emotional feeling, related to pitch or the general vibe!

(Its only taken us 2 years so far)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search