The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FIREFACE 800 OR MOTU TRAVELER ???
Old 14th July 2005
FIREFACE 800 OR MOTU TRAVELER ???

Hi Guys,

Last time when I have askes You guys for advice on preamps I bought a Great River and was absolutely amazed by it. Now I got the preamp figured out, but a firewire interface is coming to my studio and I cant make up my mind. Help please !!!

I was looking on the Fireface 800 as I heard it has some nice converters and that's what I am buying it mainly for ( dont expect me to use those Fireface amps since I gor GR ;-) I just want a good ad/da conversion and the RME legendary stability is the issue also. I dont really need the portability of Motu (it can po powere directly form the firewire bus) and the metering on it is also not a big issue.

On the other hand- Motu is a lot cheaper, and i am not shure if both units differ in sound that much (I made some test today in a friendly studio)

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Would appreciate any input.

Cheers

Marty

P.S I use Nuendo with Reason Rewired on a desktop Pc (Win XP) plus Virus C via Midi . I will also use this setup on a PC laptop that I will buy soon (any suggestions about that? what laptop works with the Fireface 800?)
Old 14th July 2005
Gear Addict

I think if you have the coin, then the rme is your best bet. I personally have a Motu 896hd and really like it and it's rocksolid for me on PC. The fireface 800 was not available when i was shopping for an interface.
Old 14th July 2005
Yeah- the more posts I read the more I am willing to go for the RME. Is that illegal ? ;-)

Cheers

Marty
Old 14th July 2005
Lives for gear

FIREFACE 800
Old 14th July 2005
Lives for gear

fireface... you get what you pay for...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search