The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Multi Tier Keyboard Stands Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 13th March 2009
Gear Head

Multi Tier Keyboard Stands

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on getting a Multi Tier Keyboard Stand. My studio is very small so after lots of consideration I think the only way I can go is with an A frame type stand. The only one I have seen that looks about right is the 6 tier stand from Jaspers.

JASPERS 6D-120B - U.K. International Cyberstore

If anyone has used the Jaspers stands, could they let me know their opinions.

Basically I will be putting a Roland Jupiter 8, Jupiter 6, JX-3P, System 100 Module 101 and a Crumar Spirit on the stand, and if there is room a TR-909 and SCI Drumtraks on the top tiers, so all in all it will be quite heavy.

I thought about getting wall mount shelving type stands but I dont really want to be drilling into the walls here, and it is less flexible that way too. So I think the JasperS stand above is the only option I have found so far, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tim
Old 13th March 2009
Lives for gear

I don't know those Jaspers - looks like it might look OK in a music store.

I can say that Ultimate Support column stands are FAR less obtrusive and much more compact than A-frames, both onstage and in the studio, although it's true you can't really get more than 3 levels on the standard model.

I don't know if I've helped you - they're not cheap either!
Old 13th March 2009
Gear Head

Hi James,

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I have looked at Ultimate but unfortunately their stands dont have quite enough tiers. I have a feeling they used to do an A frame type stand that had more tiers, but no longer.

Your right though, the Jaspers stand does look like it should be in a shop, haha, ugly looking thing. But I guess its either that or move to a bigger house

Anyway, thanks again for your help, it's always appreciated. I'll speak to Jaspers or Thomann and see if they can give me more specs re how much weight that stand can take.

Cheers

Tim
Old 27th May 2009
Gear Head

Just to say I went for the Jaspers 6D-120B stand and it is excellent. Well built and very sturdy, though it does look a bit like building scaffolding Also many optional accessories are available via Jaspers or Thomann site if one wants to add things on.

Hope that helps someone in the future, and if anyone else is considering something like this and would like more details or some photos to give an idea what it looks like with synths on then let me know.
Old 27th May 2009
Lives for gear

The Jasper looks cool, should do the job. I've got a Quiklok that I just kept adding shelves to. 5 is about the limit. I don't think they make my model anymore but you could probably do something similar with the QL-699.

quiklok.com
Old 28th May 2009
Gear Addict

You can't get Ultimate Support A-frames anymore, AFAIK.

I have a "On Stage" A-frame with a bunch of heavy stuff on it. Moog Voyager, Alesis Andromeda, and a MOTM modular in a solid Walnut cabinet. It's held up OK. Pic:

http://www.jefflaity.com/studio/stud...dio_hdr_r2.jpg
Old 28th May 2009
Gear Head

Hi chaps,

Thanks for the replies. Nice setup too synthetic

Yes, I checked for ages for an A frame and the only one I could find that was still made was from Jaspers. Had a look at both Ultimate and Quiklok stands, and did originally think about getting someting similar to the QL-699, but I really needed something that could hold as many synths as possible, as my room is really small, so the only way is up...wasn't that the name of a tune, heh

Anyway, this Jaspers frame is good and will certainly do the job methinks Thanks again though.

Cheers

Tim
Old 28th August 2009
Gear nut

Hi, thanks guys, this Jaspers stand looks like what I need! I've been searching for a while and couldn't seem to find what I needed anywhere. I wonder why nobody seems to stock in UK though (I might be wrong though).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search