The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
evidence audio mic cable?
Old 13th March 2009
Here for the gear

evidence audio mic cable?

Ive read a lot about this cable and it seems like it's clearly the best out there.... but all the reviews ive read are based on people hooking it up to there guitar through DI....
Would I get a noticable upgrade in tonal quality compared to my mogami gold cable when hooked up straight from my mic to my 003r preamps?

Thank You...
Old 13th March 2009
Lives for gear

I'm a dealer for Evidence Audio LYRIC HG mic cable so take what I say with a grain of salt. But contact my client: markdownie @ comcast.net who has a mastering business and listen to what he has to say.

Mark turned me on to Evidence. I was skeptical at first but heard the difference with my own ears. As I say, don't take my word for it. This is not voodoo stuff. This is a real improvement.
Old 13th March 2009
Lives for gear

Whenever these cables are brought up, a storm of "there is no difference in cables" posts seem to come up.
Personally, I upgraded from Mogami to EA Lyric and I love the difference. I rewired my patchbays and made guitar cables, mic cables, etc. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you're already using high-end gear because low-end stuff will kill the extra nuiances tat the Lyric offers over other cables. A lot of high end cables have funny characteristics but the Lyric just has a really solid, responsive, and rich sound. The Mogami is great stuff but it's a little smeared in comparison.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search