The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone have experience with D&R consoles?
Old 12th July 2005
Here for the gear

Anyone have experience with D&R consoles?

Im looking to possibly purchase a D&R Series 8000 console which looks to be in excellent condition though I have yet to test it in any way.

I was wondering if anyone here owns one or has had experience or thoughts on these boards.

I would mainy be using it for tracking. How do they compare to similar range consoles - soundcraft, soundtracs, etc. Mic pres any good?

Thanks for any replies!
Old 13th July 2005
Lives for gear

i don't use an 8000, i have an orionx. it's quite a bit better than the soundcraft ghost i had previously, and i infer better than soundtracs as well. they are clean and neutral boards, so it's less about color. totally usable pre's. the eq is a little sterile, but works. the routing and layout is totally cool. if you haven't been to recordingconsoles.net, you should get there as well for further input. if you can get it at a good price you are set. they seem to be less visable here in the states than oversees, but i am happy with mine.
Old 13th July 2005
Moderator emeritus

A couple of us on the board have D&R's; mine is a Cinemix, and I've been very happy with it over all. In about 8 years day in and day out, i've only lost maybe 2 days to console problems (and one of those was a PS - I should have had (and now DO have a spare PS).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search