Another dang reamp hard-on.
Old 9th April 2003
Gear Addict

Another dang reamp!

http://www.mil-media.com/docs/products/td1.shtml

Fancy.
Old 10th April 2003
Lives for gear

Looks cool, but $1,400? Ouch. I'll have to try one out for a good while before I drop that much on a reamp/di.
Old 10th April 2003
Lives for gear

E-cue, call them up and see if they will send you a demo for a while. I'm currently demoing an Origin, HV-3 mic pre and eq, and liking it so far!

ian
Old 10th April 2003
Moderator emeritus

I heard about it from John La Grou a couple of days ago. I was trying to get him to build a stereo version, since a lot of my DI recording is of things like synth modules. It would have been cool to have one set of controls, but stereo I/O. I ain't gonna happen, though - he said that there's no room inside the box for anything else...

I do want to hear it, though.
Old 10th April 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by imacgreg
E-cue, call them up and see if they will send you a demo for a while. I'm currently demoing an Origin, HV-3 mic pre and eq, and liking it so far!

ian
I'm currently Beta testing a tube di for A design's. Thus far (many, many reworks and a LOT of time put into it), it kicks the Demeter's ass (my past favorite tube di). It's still in the works but thus far, it smokes any other DI I've heard. There's like 2 extra octaves of flatness on the low end and an extra octave on the top end. An A/B might be in order, at least on the DI side of things. The whole "Les Paul" thing looks pretty gangsta though.
Old 10th April 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
An A/B might be in order.
If so, let us know how it works out!

It looks like this thing could almost be like someones front end on a portable PT rig or something, with the additional mic pre feature and all. Cool stuff...

Ian
Old 11th April 2003
jzb
Gear Nut

Ever use a DW Fearn dual Tube DI? I gotta say it is a breed onto itself. I've a/b it to the dual tube Manley and was blown away by the difference. Only thing is it's a friggin' cinder block it's so big and heavy!

Oh... and red...
Old 11th April 2003
Here for the gear

DW Fearn is working on a rack mount of their Tube DI box and yes it still is red.

Should be available this summer.

George
Old 11th April 2003
jzb
Gear Nut

Ah yes... a rack mounted version...

Red is good.

I wonder if there will be any sonic difference in the new form factor?

Trade in/up program?

-j
Old 11th April 2003
Here for the gear

As far as I know the rack mount unit is the same as the table top unit.

So no sound quality differences.

A trade in policy would make sense if Doug could repackage the trade in.

I'll call Doug and run it by him.
Old 11th April 2003
Lives for gear

It's shipping in late may according to John over there. With the mic pre option, it actually seems like a pretty damn good deal. Screw it. I'm getting (at least) one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search