The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
xlr to 1/4" adaptors
Old 5th March 2009
Lives for gear

xlr to 1/4" adaptors

Do good quality xlr to balanced 1/4" adaptors, ie, pro co, switchcraft, etc., lesson the sound quality rather than if I used an xlr to balanced 1/4" cable. Is there supposed to be any difference at all as far as the integrity of the signal flow?

Thanks
Old 5th March 2009
Lives for gear

no, a good adaptor is as good as a good cable and vise-versa.
Old 5th March 2009
Lives for gear

Just be sure you're not sending line level signals to mic inputs, or mic level signals to line inputs (which are common mistakes when using adapters of these kinds). If you need to send a line or instrument level signal to a mic input, use a transformer or DI.

-Ben B
Old 5th March 2009
Lives for gear

I am building some of these with Neutrik Gold Connectors and Mogami Neglex Quad. I will make the cables only about 1 ft. With the gold tips you cant go wrong about signal integrety of adapters, and I find the straight adapters to be cubersome when connected in mixers and other devices, I would rather have a short 1 ft. cable as an adapter.

Cheers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search