The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
When did drum samples become popular
Old 12th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickstein
I'm finding out though that most of the guys that I admire for drum sounds use samples for support- Terry Date, Andy Wallace, Chris Lord-Alge (how do you pronounce Alge?)
"Alge" is pronounced "Aigut-na-haar" " (it's the silent L that makes if difficult)
Old 13th July 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultools
Jake, tell the faculty to get with the program. Talking real-world here! What will the students do when confronted by a client who desires to use this stuff?
I should have clarified, but the original post was referring to mixing. Thusfar, all of our mix sessions have been coming off 2" through the SSL or Neve. There are different lab classes that deal with ProTools editing, etc. So . . . I know how to use that stuff, but much more focus is put on "traditional" (if you can still call them that) methods.

To clarify, I don't really mind sampling/sound replacement. I say you use whatever tool you've got that works best for the song/budget. I just don't like getting bunched in with the morons that slept through class and wonder why they can't find/keep a gig. I understand that most people think recording schools are a waste of time and money (and many are) but for me it made sense.

Jake
Old 22nd January 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfrigo View Post
Even in the 80s people were using kick and snare samples. They were triggered from things like AMS delays.
ams dmx delay... you turn it off, the sample is gone, right? or?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search