The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SoundReplacer timing issue
Old 10th July 2005
Gear Nut

SoundReplacer timing issue

I've been using SoundReplacer for a while with next to no issues, but I'm having a tough time on this one. I'm replacing off of a snare trigger track, and I'd like to build the snare sound from a combination of two samples. I want each of the samples on its own track so I can process them differently and adjust the balance as necessary from part to part.

The resulting tracks are by and large ok, but every 10 hits or so, the timing gets a little quirky and the samples get misaligned. Each time I try this, the same hits end up off time. I don't change anything in SoundReplacer except the source sound, so it shouldn't be picking up slightly different peaks.

I have also tried generating one new sample track, and then triggering the second sample using the first track as a source, instead of the trigger. I run into the same thing -- the hits get misaligned. It happens on a different set hits when I'm going off of the first sample track, but still happens consistently.

I may have to mix the two sounds beforehand and treat them like one sample, but I'd really like to maintain the control of having two separate tracks. I'm hoping one of you guys can throw me a suggestion or two. I appreciate the help!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search