The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
small reference monitors ?
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Maniac

personaly I've found that unless you know them very very well ns 10 mixes don't translate that well.. you can't realy hear whats going on in the bass area (or I can't) with them.. having said that I've found that using them in combination with more accurate monitors (such as the mackies) can produce excelent results..

In my experience if a mix can sound good on the 824's and the ns10's it usualy translates very well on almost any system..
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
I've found that using them in combination with more accurate monitors (such as the mackies) can produce excelent results..
Well thats the reason for my question. I have a pair of genelec 1031 and am very happy with them, I've never had any surprises with them, right now I'm using small low end high fi speakers to check if the mix will sound good on small speakers but I've used ns 10 in combination with the 1031's befor and it worked very well for me.
But I dont want to spend a fortune on them, ns10 where going for 400 euros new and now thats the price they are selling for used.
I like the Auratones suggestion because its a cheap one and I've heard good things about using Auratones for reference monitors, I wonder if they import them in europe ?
Old 18th July 2005
Here for the gear

Pyramid Triple-P

I love my Pyramid Triple-P monitors. It's easy to mix and edit on those because they are 100% revealing. I have to say I blew one of those within one year usage. They will replace it, but it's over a week now... but still: sound is super!
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Addict

Found this about the Triple P Pyramid :

These new monitors may look good, but they're actually meant to sound bad! heh
Specifically, they are designed to replace the Auratone 5C and Yamaha NS10M as the discerning mix engineer's 'grot box' of choice.
Old 18th July 2005
Here for the gear

midrange

midrange is focussed. this is the most important range, so it's easy to deside if a guitar is having enough 'cut through' and sweetness, if acoustics sound natural and if vocals sound nice in general. very easy. low-mids are controllable in a great way too. if you want your mix sound hot on a simple radio or television small nearfields are the best way I guess. I use them almost 100% of my time
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Several people at the DUC chimed in with suggestions on this thread...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=all&vc=1

When I was doing the same search.

Hope that's helpful,

- Proxy
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
KRK V6 for a natural balanced speaker that translates well and has plenty of bass. I prefer them over the V8.

War
Not to jump your thread, but if you're looking for a pair of V6's to try, I'm selling mine for quite cheap in the Buy/Sell forum.
Old 19th October 2017
Gear Nut

United minorities ginko.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search