The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Roland RE200
Old 5th July 2005
Lives for gear

Roland RE200

It seems I have gotten my hands on a Roland RE 200...yes, not 201 (allready have on). Anybody familiar with this rare model? From the description the seller provided on the phone, I was sure it was a 201 but he insisted it was called RE200...I have found very little info on google on this. It seems to be an earlier model than the 201.

I should receive it tomorrow - very exciting heh
Old 5th July 2005
Lives for gear

Roland RE-100 and RE-200 were predecessors to the famous RE-201. They were released about a year earlier and disappeared from the market very quickly. I don't know much about them, but I would really appreciate some pictures and more information when you receive it!

Old 5th July 2005
Lives for gear

Deal heh
Old 6th July 2005
Lives for gear

So...here it is heh

Basicly, the RE 200 is a RE 201 with different buttons, different VU meter and a shorter tape loop. It has the excact same functions, same (5) amount of playback / erase / record heads. The 200 has, though, got at stand by switch, not found on the RE201. I'm not sure about the motor, I'm at work now and can't compare the two models directly. I haven't had a chance to test the sound yet - damn this day job - but it needs a new tape, cleaning and demagnetizing for sure - its pretty damn old and pretty damn cool. Can't wait to play with it. I'll report back when I've had a chance to listen.

Peace, love and tape echoes

Sorry 'bout the poor pic quality - taken with my cell phone.

Old 6th July 2005
Gear Addict

Looks even more 'retro' than the 201!
Congrats on this most excellent purchase.

Cheers, Julian
Old 6th July 2005
Lives for gear

Ahh...lovely. It really looks old. It must have been one of the first products released under the name Roland. I think there were some guitar effects and drum machines before that but that's it. I wonder what was wrong with this thing, since they released the updated RE-201 only a year after?
I think I have to find one too. It would be a nice addition to all my other old Roland stuff.

Thanks for pictures by the way!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search