The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recording / Mixing in L.A.
Old 7th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrane
Hey, I tracked at Atlantas once... they had an 80b i believe in the tracking room... wasn't really that pleasant...
That old room (formerly Music Box) was demolished a few years back. They used that space and took over the rest of the building to the corner to create additional lounge space and private indoor parking to support the 9000J room, and also built a pro tools suite for pre-pro.
Old 7th July 2005
Gear Head

Great sounding room in LA

Forster Bros on have an awesome sounding room. On Beverly Blvd too so its right in the thcik of the LA music scene and near all the rock scene and clubs of sunset blvd. Rooms sound awesome though. Fairly priced as well.
if you need more info let me knw

l8az
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Nut

Possible or not?

Hi there - liked this thread....

I've just finished tracking a project (Neve/Audient pres, BigBen, Apogee, good mics and importantly great performances/songs) and will be in LA in August. I can either mix it myself in the DAW or get it mixed in LA as I will be there anyway.

My question is - is it possible to get the album mixed in 5-7 days for around 3-4K (British pounds) in LA? There are 10-12 tracks.

I am so close to the project I need the distance and an experienced mix engineer with sexy outboard to really make the tracks the best they can be. Some of the tracks are quite big ensemble pieces (tabla, kit, bass, horns, vox, acoustic, perc, veena etc) and getting all those puppies to sit sweet in the mix might be a bridge too far for me.

I wish I had a deep bag of cash to push it through but I don't.

All suggestions and recommendations short of buying a balaclava and holding up a bank appreciated.
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Nut

Did anyone ever record at Steve Vai's Mother Ship Studio in the Hollywood hills? He's got an API console I think..???
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Nut

Here's the link:
http://www.mothershipstudio.com/studio/
Any expierence with this studio?
Old 21st January 2009
Here for the gear

Stagg Street Studio alive and well

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterno View Post
Sound City is everything you mentioned [sans drum riser for me]. They also have something that is not present in most places -- a great staff. And let's not forget the studio ghost! It is a place that lets you get work done, and makes you look good in the process. As far as the mics, there are more than enough to do the job, even if the list is not as big as in a place like The Village [which could be my least favorite place to work -- ever].

Cheers,
john

PS -- someone I know was at Stagg Street recently, so i would say it is still going strong...

The Stagg Street Studio is still here after 24 years, still the same equipment, same API console, same great mics, same sound, same owners, and still comes with dogs. It seems that some misinformed persons are spreading misinformation about us.

If anyone has questions and wants to know the real score, then email me, Gary Denton, owner and builder of Stagg Street, and I will be happy to set you straight.
Old 21st January 2009
Lives for gear

gary, did you just join GS to resurrect a 3 year old thread? Hopefully that guy found another studio by now

-R

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search