The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Innertube Atomic Sumthang
Old 4th July 2005
Lives for gear

Innertube Atomic Sumthang

Anybody heard this yet? How does it compare to the Dangerous Music and Folcrom stuff? I had an LT, didn't love it...but this looks cool.
Opinions?
Old 4th July 2005
Lives for gear

We have the Atomic Squeezebox and the Mag Mic from Innertube... they are amazing. In fact, amazing is not enough praise for how F*edit*ing awesome their stuff is. I have not had the pleasure of using the Sumthang yet, but I am sure it is the "tna"
Old 12th July 2005
Lives for gear

Anyone heard this yet?
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

Come on....anyone heard this yet?
I am dying here!!!!
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Head

Out of curiousity what was your disappointment with the Dangerous 2-Bus LT? I'm at the moment considering stepping up to summing bus land so am just collecting general vibes on people's real world experiences with summing boxes.

Cheers,
Marcus
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen
Anyone heard this yet?

i wanted to try it but for the life of me couldn't get one produced.

does anybody actually have one? do i smell vapors?

gregoire
del ubik
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

I could hear a slight difference, but not to justify the money or the change in mix style. Now since I unloaded mine, I have bought another to give it another go...mostly just to see if I can get used to the idea of the change. And more importantly to get ready for this thang! The summing made a slight difference, but if it has a tube warmer, it makes more sense to me!
Then again, noone seems to have heard it yet?
So I dunno..if I don't like the 2 Bus again, I'll let you know
Old 17th July 2005

I haven't heard it, but they are selling the prototype on their website for 1750 (from memory)
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

Nah man, they already sold it.
They have not removed it from the site, but it is gone...I already tried buying it.
Good looking out though
Old 22nd September 2005
Lives for gear

Calling Sumthang Stayne

I want to make this one breathe again...anyone actually heard one?
Didn't love the dangerous box, but I think this tube action might be the ticket for me.

Hey Stayne, wanna sell me one cheap so I can post you a fantastic review and everyone will come running to your door with orders???? heh
Old 22nd September 2005
Gear Maniac
I have had a sumthang for a couple years, as a matter of fact. Stayne sent me a prototype and I kept it. Guess that means I like it. . . VERY sweet sounding and gives me the sounds that me likes. I also had the second folcrom prototype which i sold to my friend. That was nice, but never as huge. I have an aurora gtm mixer on order and I plan on using the two together. I am sure that will be fun as well.

So, yes, the sumthang does exist (at least for me)
Old 27th September 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks, still in the hunt...can't decide..Sumthang, Nicerizer, Audient, Folcrom...wait for the Neve?
UGHHHHH!
Old 27th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus B
Out of curiousity what was your disappointment with the Dangerous 2-Bus LT? I'm at the moment considering stepping up to summing bus land so am just collecting general vibes on people's real world experiences with summing boxes.

Cheers,
Marcus
personally i love the D2bLT, I like that its clean cuz I do like the 'cleanliness' of ITB but this thing adds depth, width and you can stick an eq on the 2bus and crank the highs to taste so you don't have to do much additive hi end eq ITB which results in a smoother/brighter mix
Old 27th September 2005
Here for the gear

I have had a Sumthang for a while now, and it is really wonderful. It adds a rich thickness to my audio that the Dangerous doesn't. In true gearslut fashion I also have a Dangerous 2 bus LT which I use from time to time when I have more inputs to sum than can be done in the Sumthang alone as I will only process the outputs with analog equipment instead of plugins.

Both units are great but the Sumthang is very special sounding.
Old 27th September 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Issmore
I have had a Sumthang for a while now, and it is really wonderful. It adds a rich thickness to my audio that the Dangerous doesn't.

Both units are great but the Sumthang is very special sounding.
Does it have add any tranny weight to it or is it a clean low end?

Does it have tube size/width in the mids and top?

What were you using before? Mix Plus, HD?
Old 18th December 2005
Lives for gear

pigpen, did you happen to buy the Sumthang...?
Old 18th December 2005
Lives for gear

Nah, I ended up ordering the Shadow Hills Deluxe with summing mixer. Still have not gotten it, but should within the month.
Stayne is cool as hell though, give him a shout.
Old 19th December 2005
Lives for gear

Did you ever get to hear the SumThang anyway? You seemed so excited about it... Why did you make up your mind?

How's the Shadow Hills Gamma on the back? What connections?
Old 19th December 2005
Lives for gear

I am the biggest fan of innerTube. The only thing I haven't tried is the Sumthang.... yet
Old 19th December 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjan
Did you ever get to hear the SumThang anyway? You seemed so excited about it... Why did you make up your mind?

How's the Shadow Hills Gamma on the back? What connections?

Never got to hear it. I was excited, then I heard about the Shadow Hills and the option of having 3 different transformer sounds at the end made me even more excited. Now I have HD so I don't know that the summing will even matter, but the option is nice, plus the 2 pres, plus now they have added more monitoring controls so it may even save me some cash on an Avocet I was about to buy....
On the back...a bunch of D subs for the most part. Do a search here in the new product section for the deluxe adn you will find the post I just did that came from Peter.
All that being said, I'd still love ot hear something from Stayne...whenever I can afford a squeezebox, I will!
Old 19th December 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Never got to hear it. All that being said, I'd still love ot hear something from Stayne...whenever I can afford a squeezebox, I will!

Squeezebox ROCKS!!!
Attached Images
Innertube Atomic Sumthang-headbang.gif 
Old 19th December 2005
Gear Nut

hey guys......there are only 20 or 30 Sumthangs on the planet.

i'm not sure what the life span of this product will be so we are kinda building them to order right now.
a lot of you guys don't know that our dearly departed steve 'Loudist' gursky was the guy that
called me and said "dude.....you gotta build a tube summing bus for PT guys because it's the ONE product they ALL know they need"

man was he right about that.
Old 20th December 2005
Gear Maniac

error... please carry on...
Old 20th December 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now I have HD so I don't know that the summing will even matter...
What do you mean it may not matter with the HD...?! The quality is so much better that a summing box wouldn't make a significant difference...?
Old 21st December 2005
Lives for gear

pigpen...?
Old 21st December 2005
Lives for gear

I am talking out of my ass right now....
I just upgraded from Mix 3 to HD Accel, a huge jump sonically.
I was getting the summing for the Mix system to help with imaging and height etc.... With HD the imaging and height are so much better that I am not sure a summing box will make a difference worthy of the cost.

All that being said, I have not gotten my Shadow Hills yet to A/B so again....my ass speaketh!
heh
Old 23rd July 2008
Gear Addict

I ordered the Sumthang and Sumthang more. I'll let ya know what I think. I've been on the D2BLT ever since it came out. I realy like it but wanted to try to up grade. I tried the Chandler and really liked it. Very heavy sounding. Very Neve console sounding. But I really want to hear the Thang. So I'll let you know what I thank.
Old 23rd July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus B View Post

Cheers,
Marcus
The reality is that many people do not check well gear or get so impressed by the look...people talk about color! and yes color is great..when is a GOOD color...

The Dangerous 2bus is not colored , but have great sound, punch and headroom...
Actually I heard stuff mixed thru the Equinox and also same songs thru the Dangerous 2bus,,,and really I was surprised..I expected color from the Equinox....the sounds were great,,,but I may say the Equinox is pretty clean too...both were so ..so similar..maybe the D2B had a a bigger ST image..but jus a bit.
I guess the Equinox guys got Impressed with all the extra Features and great Vintage look of the Equinox ..anyway both are great...but recommend to check the Dangerous 2bus too !!
Old 23rd September 2008
Lives for gear

ahem
Old 23rd September 2008
Gear Addict

I kept it. Didn't want to be without it after useing it for a couple weeks. I couldn't imagine not having it in line. I like it. It does somthing I would miss. The D2buss is also cool but the Thang ads a nice color that isn't too much color like the Chandler and what I think is a better color for me. The high end is really nice. And it has more thud than the D2buss but less than the Chandler.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search