Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
sony r7 problem
Old 12th February 2009
Gear nut

sony r7 problem

I've got a new r7 that I'm having problems with. I need to bang on the top of the unit to get the wet effect signal. If I turn up the dry on the unit, it returns the dry signal to my software but to get the effect, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Makes a noise that would blow my monitors if they were on. And then sometimes I get the effect signal and it works.

The battery is new, although i'm not sure on how to initialize the unit. Don't know if that would make a difference with my problem anyhow.
Old 14th February 2009
Gear nut

Anybody have a Sony repair center Phone number that would repair these things. I'm in NY.
Old 14th February 2009
Lives for gear

Forget Sony repair center . . . they are ridiculously expensive. Always have been. Recently I sent a R7 to them for repair, they wanted $975 to fix it!!!! Seems a good tech should be able to fix the problem you are experiencing.
Old 15th February 2009
Gear nut

Wow, that is crazy. The good thing is, is that they can be repaired. My search continues.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search