The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mic under 2k-the best deal
Old 12th July 2005
Dot
Lives for gear

IMHO somehow the KSM44 gives me that sound over the others. Could be the strong low mid freq.

Well, Shure mics all across the board have a sort of in-your-face sound. So, yes, I could see where you're getting that more with the KSM44 than the other mics you have. But you can still get that same in-your-face sound with other mics by close miking and then applying a hefty dose of compression.

Why LE is better for vox? Is it whorth the $600 difference?

The LE's not "better" - it's just different. The 22 47 shortbody has a more robust sound, and doesn't have the mid-high sheen and high-end air that the LE has.

I just mentioned the LE because you asked about a single mic.

The 22 47 shortbody would actually give you more of that in-your-face sound than the LE.
Old 12th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnio
Is that the Mogami Edition? I've heard very good things about that one. How do you describe it?
Insomnio
The V69 is the mogami edition. I have'nt heard this mic first hand but I have used the V6 and the V12. The V69 is just the tube version of the V6. The V6's for vocals sound awesome. I haven't set up a U87 for vocals since we got these. We use em with a U47 sometimes too. Joel always talks about them sounding just as good as the U67's (yes thats the same thing he said in the ad but its true I've heard him go on and on about marshall mics and how good they are.) Used them as room mics and overheads too and they sound friggin awesome. Haven't done an a/b between the V6 and U67 might just do that this week and let you know. The V12's we always us on acoustic guitars. Great mics reasonably priced too.
Old 12th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus
Haven't done an a/b between the V6 and U67 might just do that this week and let you know.
That would be nice! thumbsup
Insomnio
Old 12th July 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Shepherd
I was considering the Peluso mics as well, but also the Gefell m930, which is priced about the same. Any thoughts on these two compared to one another?
I have and love this mic. The M930 sounds wonderful. For $2k you could get a stereo pair!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search