The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Changes for Pro Tools?
Old 1st July 2005
Here for the gear

Changes for Pro Tools?

I recently saw a Digidesign article saying about how they want their new services to further help the people who use it and are looking around at how Pro Tools can adapt in the new version to provide this.

Just wondering what are the biggest changes Pro Tools has made on your working techniques and practises and what you think should be included in the new version?
And no im not a Digidesign rep!!!
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

I hope they allow mulitiple LE interfaces for LE software on a single computer. Version 7.0

I know it can be done.
When I 1st got my 002rack. I installed it without removing the 001. The software even let my choose what interface to play back on. I opened a session, the 6.4cs9 selected the 001 first. It allowed me to choose the 002rack by going into "HARDWARE SETUP". Once I highlighted the 002r and clicked "OK", a box popped up that said, "PT MUST CLOSE AND REOPEN CURRENT SESSION". I click ok and BANG!!! The session closed, reopened, and ran with no problems. Same success when I opened several other sessions. Back and forth I went switching between the LE interfaces.

Would be nice to have 2 digi-002racks heh
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilson

Just wondering what are the biggest changes Pro Tools has made on your working techniques and practises...
Well, it's allowed musicians to show up to sessions who are better at editing than me!!! It's slows down the way I like to work, but for the most part, it also allows me to bring people into a world class facility at a fraction of what it used to cost...At the end of the day, Pro Tools sucks IMO...Humans make music for humans, not CPU's. Untill we get back to what matters, THE MUSIC, we all suffer, and this is true.

Oh and if they change anything it should be a disclaimer on the first page of the reference manual, something similiar to what they tell people who play RPG's, or Video Games...."remember that your health, family, and friends are first priority"
Then it should continue and say that PCM audio will make you crazy by the 8th hour of monitoring, after then, all mixing should come to a halt...
dfegad tutt

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search