The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Load Box/Attenuator VS. Load Box/DI
Old 7th February 2009
Load Box/Attenuator VS. Load Box/DI

Is there one box that allows you to use it as a LoadBox Attenuator (Like a THD HotPlate) - AND- as a LoadBox DI (like the Palmer PDI-03), at the same time?

I want to attenuate my Amp, mic it and run a DI signal at the same time.

Anyone seen/used one of these?

Buy Koch Loadbox II Power Attenuator/Speaker Simulator | Power Attenuators | Musician's Friend

Possible?

thanks.

b
Old 7th February 2009
Gear Head

Yeah I'm using one of those, mainly for recording via the DI output. Works pretty ok for me. Have to be quiet in an apartment. Haven't used it as an attenuator though although it does do that.

One thing, don't audition it on its headphone out (like I did when I tried it at the shop). The headphone out doesn't have the speaker emulator and sounds terrible !!

Maarten
Old 7th February 2009
Gear Addict

Check out the SPL Tranducer. Great unit for recording.You can dial the Volume of your Marshall Major or Diezel Herbert all the way up(hmm , not sure about this) and the baby stays sleeping while you record in the same room.
Old 7th February 2009
The Koch looks like it's designed to be used as an attenuator and DI at the same time. So I could dial in the right attenuated output.

Ideally I'd run the Koch w/ 15%-40% output to the Speaker, dial in the mic from there and then blend with the DI...

Running my Pro Jr beyond "2" in my small amp closet just turns everything to mush...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search