The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bloody'el
Old 7th February 2009
Gear Addict

Bloody'el

I come home from work and fire up computer and Fireface 400, and watch a couple of movies. Everything sounds great. I leave to make dinner and come back deciding to go through song of my songs and polish them up a bit. I play the first song; Wierd, something sounds different. But I havent edited the song in any way since last I heard it (yesterday, day before etc). I check a few other songs; Wierd, same wierd low reverbishing sound to every song I play. I try to remember how wasted I was yesterday and whether I then had come home and drunkenly masterered all of my songs thinking 'this sounds GREAT!'. No, thats not the case either.
I then go through the rest. All have this wierd dark sound to it, but when I use the Fireface 400 it for all other sorts of entertainment; games, movies etc, it sounds perfect. Anyone have got any idea whats wrong here? Happens to both Reason and Cubase. No outboard or software reverb is running.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search