The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
is anyone useing the ksp8 in mono
Old 7th February 2009
Here for the gear

is anyone useing the ksp8 in mono

Hi to you all

hope Im in the right forum.
I have the ksp8 and Im running it 4 mono in 4 stereo out.
the returns are coming back into two channels. I have one channel pan
left and the other channel pan right. on the vocal it sounds like there is more reverb on one side than the other. on one side it sounds like it has more vocal in it than the other side. and I have the vocal center. I could be saying this the wrong way but it sounds to me like one channel has 100% wet and the other channel maybe 75% wet on the vocal the side
thats 75% wet is the side that the vocal stands out more. is this norm

maybe I have it set wrong in the ksp8. are there anyone using the ksp8
4 mono in 4 stereo out. could you explain if you dont mind and have the time how you have your settings in the eq configuration and mix send.
there are three or four ways you can do this. and I could have mine set wrong for mono. so any help would be nice and helpful.

for got to say no matter what program I have it on its still louder on one side.

thank joe
Old 7th February 2009
Here for the gear

the ksp8 cant be this bad can it. before I got it everyone was talking
about how good it was. now it seems like not many people have one.

oh well will try to figer this out my self. it would be nice to get a little help from someone thats running this thing in mono and stereo out.

joe
Old 7th February 2009
Lives for gear

the ksp8 has a set of output parameters. The l/r output may not be balanced on the ksp8. You may need to adjust it. Make sure the wet/dry ratio is the same on both outputs... And make sure both outputs have the same master level out.

Also, how are you sending to the ksp8? It may be the sends on your console that aren't even.
Old 8th February 2009
Here for the gear

thanks for your input

I am going out of the aux to the input of the ksp8. and returning it to two channels 100% wet. the aux sends both have the same amout of output and the returns are set the same. I think my problem might be in the eq mix and send on the ksp. Im trying to run it mono in stereo out
but Im just having a hard time trying to figer out how to set the parameters on the eq mix and send. if someone could just explain how thay have there hook up in the mono in stereo out. I think I could get it.

thanks guys

joe
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

I was going to say the same thing. The problem may be on your console's returns, or the settings on the channels don't match.

KSP8 is a great piece of equipment...

B.
Old 8th February 2009
Here for the gear

I triple checked the console to make shure everything was set the same way. maybe it would help if told how I got the ksp8 set up.

Im running 4 mono in 4 stereo out. on the config page I got it like this
in analog 1
in analog 2 none
in analog 3
in analog 4 none

the ingrp
in 1 mono
in 2 mono
in 3 mono
in 4 mono

the bus configuration
fx bus 1 stereo left
fx bus 2 stereo right
fx bus 3 stereo left
fx bus 4 stereo right.

the output select
out 1 mix fx 1
out 2 mix fx 2
out 3 post fx 3
out 4 post fx 4

eq/ sends page
fx send bus 1
fx send bus 2 none
fx send bus 3
fx send bus 4 none

mix send page
mix 1 bus
mix 3 bus

now I can take and put the mix send on mix 1/2 and 3/4
and the reverb sounds the same comming out of each speaker

now I could be wrong but if I leave it like this it just dont seem like
it hooked up right. for some reason.

anyone care to look at this and see if this is the right way to hook up the ksp8 for a mono input and a stereo output
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

if you are mixing in with the dry signal on its own channel, try inverting the polarity of the dry signal.

I am not by my ksp8, but there is a master output section that will trim the output of each channel.
Old 8th February 2009
Here for the gear

unless Im over looking something every input and output is showing 00db
on the ksp8. and on the channel that has the dry sound if I turn polarity
switch on when I want to hear how everything sounds in mono the dry channel dont sound right at all.

I just feel like I got the ksp8 routing wrong in the ksp8

thanks to everyone
joe
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

Why on earth are mixing dry signal on a reverb?

I do seem to remember reading something in the manual about mono to stereo...wanting you to use the first half of the stereo pair...otherwise, if your stereo bus is 3/4, you want the mono send to be in3...

But, mostly, I'm not sure what the issue is...because I bought mine with the ADAT option, so it's connected via 8 channels--I would imagine it gets more complicated if you're using it's submixing capabilities to have 4 stereo FX return out of four mono analog outs.

Try making everything 100% wet. Also--check your cabling. A poor patch cable can lower the signal...see if the problem follows the cable, or whatever's used on a given output of the Kurzweil.

Depending on how much you've customized it, it's pretty easy to reset the unit. It comes with all those routing presets like "8mono in 8 mono out" "4 mono in 8 St out" and such....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search