The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pres That Don't Get Much Discussion Here
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Speck 5.0 Mic Pre. Clean, full, and a little meaty, excellent vocal and acoustic instrument pre, not to mention DI. Balanced or transformer output a nice option as well. My pick for most applicable and mic friendly pre over an MP-2NV that I owned for a while and a Phoenix Audio DRS-2 that I compared it with.
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Laborer
Wow, that is some serious hype on those Gordons
I heard enough equally effusive recommendations from a couple guys on rec.audio.pro whose opinions I trust to make me *really* curious about the Gordon. I'm just not used to that kind of hyperbole coming from normally rational professionals. Definitely on my "Must Check Out" list

...along with the Lipinski mic preamps, which I don't recall seeing anyone mention here.
Old 28th July 2005
Quote:
I have the 4 channel unit. I must agree with its use on kick, bass, or anything with big bottom end... it just gets bigger with the sebatron. I also dig it on OHs and Vocals... Ah fudge it, it just rocks on anything !
another vote for the sebatron valve mic pre.my goto pre for acoustic guitars and vocals with buzzma a close second. thumbsup
Old 20th January 2007
mas
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I have the Aphex 1100 that I retubed with NOS tubes (the factory tubes sounded a bit "boxey" in comparison) and it's a wonderful piece. I highly recommend it.
Which specific tubes did you use? Where did you get them from?

I´m asking because I just bought a 1100 used and I really enjoy it so far.
But I´m interested in how the unit can still be improved.

Markus
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

it gets talked about some, but i think the Buzz Elixir should be talked about more often
Old 21st January 2007
Lives for gear

Go tube ...solid-state isn't even in the same zip-code.
Old 28th May 2012
Gear Maniac

I'm gonna rejuvinate this discussion by throwing in Blue Robbie, SSL Aplha, Avalon on certain things, Black Lion.
Old 28th May 2012
Gear Maniac

Ua 610
bae 1073
Old 30th May 2012
Gear Nut

uhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicJunkie View Post
Ua 610
bae 1073
...This is a joke, right?

1st post of thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlandmorgan View Post
There seems to be several pres (many high enders, based on cost alone) that don't get any discussion time here (or many other places)
[...]
There are soooooooooooo many players in the high end game now, yet (from these boards) it appears most folks are sticking to the API and clone/Neve and clone mindset....No, I don't have access to any of these, but I am curious as to why mid/high end shops don't seem to mention these much...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search