The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any studios in the DC area??
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Addict

Any studios in the DC area??

Ok moderators move this one wherever you would like if you feel this is inappropriate.

I am moving to the DC metro area (either Gaithersburg, Germantown, or Frederick) and want to get "in" at a studio in the area.

What can I offer?

Well about 5 years of recording experience ranging from Marching Bands to Rock bands. I have a Music Composition Degree and can read drum charts, and all versions of traditional music. (movable clefs, treble, bass, etc.) I don't do guitar tab, however. I have written for string ensembles, brass groups, woodwinds, and melodic percussion instruments. (Vibes, Marimba, Glock, etc.) I have also played drums in a band for around 4 years now and we are currently working on our second album.

I have worked with a variety of Daws and mixing boards. (DP, Adobe Audition, Sonar, Samplitude, and a little in Pro Toolz) I haven't spent any time in large format consoles but am a very versed in signal flow so it wouldn't be hard to adjust.

I currently do contract work running sound here and there and for a sound company that is close by where I play stage monkey and generally feel like I am wasting my time mostly.

So if you need a paid intern, someone to sit and track, a drummer to come in and help you get the kit sounding good, or a good cup of coffee at your expense, PM me.

Beez
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Guru

I've met Don Zientera at TapeOpCon. He's very cool and quite approachable. He's the owner of Inner Ear where all the cool DC bands seem to go. If I were moving there I'd call him first.

Good luck with the move!
Old 29th June 2005
bee
Lives for gear

Yes, definately check out inner ear + silver sonya for mastering.
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Addict

Thanks for the kind suggestions,

Anyone know of other places maybe in Baltimore, Annapolis, or somewhere else within say an hours drive?

Beez
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

http://www.dcpages.com/Music/Recording_Studios/

I had my own rooms when I lived in Annapolis and in Arlington but did many projects at Cue in Falls Church in their SSL room. Oasis and Bias are also well-respected facilities in the DC area.
Old 30th June 2005
pgk
Gear Nut

invisible sound in baltimore, cue studios in falls church.
Old 2nd July 2005
Gear Addict

Thanks again for all the suggestions. . . have a happy 4th everyone.

Beez
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

It's probably a little far, but I make it from Charlottesville Va. area to D.C. in about 1 1/2 hrs. And this studio is smokin...www.crystalphonic.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search