The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Essential Gear !
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Essential Gear !

Is your Studio being Booked?

I have found lot´s of people talking about :

MUST HAVE GEAR TO BE BOOKED IN MY REGION!

Just wanted to give a try with a thread about this!

In my city, Barranquilla, located at the northern coast of Colombia, u need this to be booked!

One Neumann U87 :

With or without the spider shockmount!
This must have mike is THE NEUMANN!
It seems for them that Neumann only sales THIS mic!
heh

One Shure SM-81

For SHAKERS and TSE TSE sounds!

Two Sennheiser MD-421

This pairs of BIRDS, as they called them (CRANESONG MADE?) are for Congas, Toms, and Percussion!

The last but not less important!

PROTOOLS

IF U DON´T HAVE PT YOU ARE NOT GONNA BE BOOKED!

WHY?

BECAUSE PT "SOUNDS" GREAT!

NOT YOUR API´S, NOT YOUR ROOM!

PROTOOLS

PUPO

Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

That's why I don't live in Colombia, thank God!
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC
That's why I don't live in Colombia, thank God!
If u took the time to post this, at least post your NETHERLANDIK gear!

tutt
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Guru

Here in the US, many people shop studios by looking at the gear lists too. Here too, they ask for "Pro Tools" and "Neumann"

the big difference is that in America, not many people care about TSE TSE sounds!

Old 30th June 2005
Jai guru deva om

I work from home and do not solely rely on recording itself for a living, but I do get asked all the time if I have Pro Tools. If you take the time to explain what PT is compared to what you have (Nuendo 2 here) and dispell the "gotta have ProTools" mindset it should be less of a deal breaker.

I have nothing against PT or its users, I just find that PT does remarkably well marketing their product to the world. The free and limited versions that come with their low end stuff get folks hooked at the beginning of their recording 'career' as well which is simply great, great marketing.

War
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
I work from home and do not solely rely on recording itself for a living, but I do get asked all the time if I have Pro Tools. If you take the time to explain what PT is compared to what you have (Nuendo 2 here) and dispell the "gotta have ProTools" mindset it should be less of a deal breaker.

I have nothing against PT or its users, I just find that PT does remarkably well marketing their product to the world. The free and limited versions that come with their low end stuff get folks hooked at the beginning of their recording 'career' as well which is simply great, great marketing.

War
Hey War,

I agree that PT has great marketing, but, at the same time, I believe it´s a really friendly software.

I just installed the 6.9.2 LE for a new project on a friend´s project studio and it has new MIDI features that I´m sure will SOMEDAY be a blast as NUENDO!

PUPO

DP 4 HERE
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

I bought, Pro Tools LE.....just to say I have Pro Tools.........I have yet used it on a session except to transfer projects into another format......but if a client ask...I have Pro Tools!Another client pleaser is my Avalon 737 which is my least favorite pre I own....but if my clients ask.............I have Avalon! GO figure!!!!
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

AVALON 737
Anyone really using that EQ?

That´s also a Colombian Essential Piece of Gear!
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

when people ask if i use protools i say yes, but then mention that i prefer a different program that few people know about. this is essentially true, and saves me from having to work on pt which i personally do not prefer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search