The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drawmer 1969 plugin
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Head

Drawmer 1969 plugin

I think the 1969's tube compressor section is incredible. Just wondering if anyone knows if Drawmer has any interest in making a 1969 plugin for tdm and vst. I've heard the dynamics plug for tdm, but it sounds nothing like my 1969. I think Drawmer could make a bunch of money with an accurate plug of the 1969 comp. I would use it on drum subs and 2buss for many projects.
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Head

Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat
There will be software coming from Drawmer, but 1969? I don't think this is on the agenda.
Brad
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat
I think the 1969's tube compressor section is incredible. Just wondering if anyone knows if Drawmer has any interest in making a 1969 plugin for tdm and vst. I've heard the dynamics plug for tdm, but it sounds nothing like my 1969. I think Drawmer could make a bunch of money with an accurate plug of the 1969 comp. I would use it on drum subs and 2buss for many projects.

Not to drift off topic too much, but... do you have the following:

Channel G
Oxford Dynamics
Cranesong Pheonix

Those are the must haves Dynamics for PTs TDM (in my book).
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Head

Yeah. The Oxford and Cranesong rock. I was just thinking that the 1969 is an underrated piece of gear that would do well as a plugin. I like having as many different flavors as I can ITB. Just wishful thinking I guess.
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Channel G is a must have.
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

What do you like about the Channel G so much?

I've got the other McDSP processors, haven't tried the G yet.

Thanks

Rene
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

The Dynamics and the EQ are amazing. The presets are great starting points. This is the best thing I have seen from McDSP to date (and I love everything they make). Awesome. Must Have.
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Maniac

i do not really like the idea of drawmer doing a 1969 plug ins, and especially not if it is on vst-basis, too.
i just do not like the idea of having stupid kids using cracks, telling me that they have the plug in, which is (in their opinion) as good as my beloved box...

i really support the idea that certain things should stay on the hardware side. not just because of the sonics and the feel, but for the matter of differention.
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Head

Mark, I see your point. I love the 1969 as a drum buss comp and if they made a really nice plugin version of it I would buy it and use it. BTW, I don't care if people have cracked plugins. If they can't afford a $350 plugin than they probably have sh*tty mics, pres, comps, monitors and are shooting themselves in the foot from the start anyway.
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Addict

Get Nuendo 3 and use yur 69 as a hardware insert. heh
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Maniac

to clarify, the problem currently in germany is, that there is a trend of kiddies messing around with cracked software und plugs etc and trying to run a underground studio. and yes, they have crappy mics and all that, but the not so well informed clients cannot really hear and understand the difference before hand. they will hear the difference afterwards, but that means, that they did not track with me and shelved out the money with somebody else.
many of those kiddies are offering recording for ridicoluse low charges, and since everyone wants the "best for the cheapest" you start to begin to get in a position where you as a legimite user of software and user of good hardware have to legitamise your rates. you know the " but the guy charges less, why do you charge so much more ???" situation. in the end you can not expect from a client to be well educated and really into all the stuff. you know, for most of the people, there is not really a significant difference between a behringer compressor and an stc-8. the may hear it later on, or maybe hear it on your reference tracks, but in most cases they just go with the cheaper guy. they just misunderstand "cheaper" with pure crap. they may be aware that they do not get that high quality, but until they find out how bad it realy is, they are already broke.

a guy in my neighbourhood started tracking lately with an t.bone mic and an behringer mic preamp, no room, no acustic treatment - nothing that is even nearly quality, and charges 20 euro per hour. people run there and everything sounds crap. then they come to me and ask me if i could to some magic, voodoo or whatever (i dunno) - what most of the time never works, because the tracks are pure crap. so i ask them to retrack the whole stuff. this doesnt work either, because they shelfed out their money already or are reluctant to pay again ... ("uh, i am so broke, cannt you do some computer thingy to it, so that it sounds like on radio ?????").
no, i think in terms of buisness and differentation, it is good that some stuff does not exist in software. when people are picky about prices already, you have to have something more than expertise that sets you apart from the bunch.

the n3 thing - i haerd already a lot of good stuff. currently i am thinking about upgrading, but the audio-midi drift which i read about in the forums makes me feel that it is may better to wait a little bit longer until everything runs more somoothly program wise.
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiwatt
Get Nuendo 3 and use yur 69 as a hardware insert. heh

even an mbox will let you do that .....

(runs and hides ......... )
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Maniac

you can use it in the oldfashion way and just put it in a bus loop from n2. you have to readjust the tiny sample offset when you retrack into n2. but this is nothing that it is really bothering. at least, it is not bothering me.

more convienient is using it in the insert of a spl mixdream --- this is what i call fun.
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS
i do not really like the idea of drawmer doing a 1969 plug ins, and especially not if it is on vst-basis, too.
i just do not like the idea of having stupid kids using cracks, telling me that they have the plug in, which is (in their opinion) as good as my beloved box...

i really support the idea that certain things should stay on the hardware side. not just because of the sonics and the feel, but for the matter of differention.

I don't think the URS A10 plugin de-values my API 560. If anyone thinks the plug is as good as the hardware, they have other problems too.
Old 1st July 2005
LOL
lets ask Fletcher?
Old 2nd July 2005
Gear Head

I will always use my 1969 as an outboard drum bus. I just think it would cool to have as many instances as I want of it(GREEDY?), without having to drop $2700 for each unit. I am running Steinberg SX3 w/ 2 UAD-1 cards, and PT TDM HD2. SX3 is an audio-only version of Nuendo, and it suits me just fine, where as PT is more of a mixing suite for me. The LA2A and 1176's are pretty good, but they don't have the magic that the real ones have. The Cranesong Phoenix is awesome. And I am digging the Voxengo Tapebus too. The VST platform is getting really close to being as good as PT. Just my opinion, but I'd like to hear more about the 1969.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search