The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beyer m130 ribbon...worth getting?
Old 29th June 2005
Here for the gear

Beyer m130 ribbon...worth getting?

Any thoughts from m130 users?
Am thinking of using it together with my Neumann KM-183 omni mic for MS recording: thinking grand piano, drum OH...
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Guru

I've liked every Beyer mic I've ever used. I never used the 130 ribbons, but i had great results with the 260 ribbons.
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound
I've liked every Beyer mic I've ever used.

I seem to recall playing with a 101 that was eventually deemed unusable. And every M500 I've come across that was more than 7 years old seemed to work better as a maraca than as a microphone.

But the M130 is a wonderful mic. Unless you already own an M160, there's nothing else in your kit like it. And if you do own a 160, *that's* the M/S combination you'll probably fall in love with...if for no other reason than set-up convenience.
Old 29th June 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

If I am not mistaken the 130 is basically a fig. 8 M160. The M160's are an awesome mic. thumbsup
Old 29th June 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

There is an M130 in the classifieds right now with the Sank RCA ribbon replacement for $500. No affiliation with seller, just noticed it and thought I would pass it along.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search