The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
what's wrong with me
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

what's wrong with me

OK, I freaked out today. I really like the song "ass like that" from Eminem. I really like it, the harmony parts when he says I never seen an "ASS LIKE THAT" is genious! how did he come up with that ? Am I going crazy ? why do I like that song so much ? the lyrics ? the video ? I'm confused! Anyone else have this problem ????
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mrochek
OK, I freaked out today. I really like the song "ass like that" from Eminem. I really like it, the harmony parts when he says I never seen an "ASS LIKE THAT" is genious! how did he come up with that ? Am I going crazy ? why do I like that song so much ? the lyrics ? the video ? I'm confused! Anyone else have this problem ????

Eminem is using a special kind of reverb that makes everyone fall in love with him the instant that they hear it.
Old 29th June 2005
heh

it's all in the reverb they say musta been tha love plate
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

I'm browsing my song lists on my ipod.. beatles, U2, queen, pink floyd, police... but there's a strong force within me that wishes I had that eminem song...

I shall be strong. No reverb effect will make me call my friend in chicago to ask her to buy that song from itunes, and mail it over... because I can't buy songs from Bolivia... I will be strong. EMINEM WILL NOT BE PART OF MY PLAYLIST I REFUSE.
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe cos it's that perfect "ass like that" you're thinking of a bit too much - or too little depending on your preference...
Old 29th June 2005
Here for the gear

Stay strong man! You'll hate yourself in the long run!! It'll be overplayed and annoying in no time!!!
tutt
Old 29th June 2005
In fairness (to quote Miles Davis I believe) there are only two types of music, good and bad. I choose to listen to good.

The question then becomes what is good and what is bad right? At that point you have to ask yourself, "do I like this music, does it do something for me or to me?" If the answer is yes then I don't give a rats ass if it is trendy or politically correct, if the production is good or bad, if some elitist (2nd time I used that word today.. interesting) is going to scoff at me.

If you like the damn song then that is a great thing for you, you should be VERY happy to find something that moves you and you should buy it for no other reason than that. fuuck if no one else likes it, you do, no apologies.

In today's musical desert you should be excited to find something you are interested in. I know I have been having a hard time as of late and I really miss the adventure of finding something new that peaks my curiosity.
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_new
In fairness (to quote Miles Davis I believe) there are only two types of music, good and bad. I choose to listen to good..
It was Duke Ellington.
Maybe Miles repeated it... :-)

JR
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm browsing my song lists on my ipod.. beatles, U2, queen, pink floyd, police... but there's a strong force within me that wishes I had that eminem song...

I shall be strong. No reverb effect will make me call my friend in chicago to ask her to buy that song from itunes, and mail it over... because I can't buy songs from Bolivia... I will be strong. EMINEM WILL NOT BE PART OF MY PLAYLIST I REFUSE.
whats the big deal?

fwiw I think the song sucks and the video sucks even more none of them chicks had big booties
Old 29th June 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondjames
It was Duke Ellington.
Maybe Miles repeated it... :-)

JR
Thanks man!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search